Block which acts as player to activate spawners?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Badkuip

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if there is a block which will active a normal spawner if it is close to it.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
In many modpacks U can build autospawners.
Ender IO, MFR, Draconic Revol, ExtraUtils will help U.
In vanila only AFK will work.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I *think* cursed earth makes vanilla spawners work without players (I haven't directly read this anywhere, but I've heard/seen it in a couple videos). Of course, that brings up the whole project of keeping light levels down, and killing the mobs, and processing their drops... Yeah, this is a fun project for anyone to work on. :p

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I *think* cursed earth makes vanilla spawners work without players (I haven't directly read this anywhere, but I've heard/seen it in a couple videos). Of course, that brings up the whole project of keeping light levels down, and killing the mobs, and processing their drops... Yeah, this is a fun project for anyone to work on. :p

Cursed earth does indeed do this. Gotta love XU! I only wish that sticky pistons could move cursed earth blocks. I end up using drawbridges from Tinkers Mechworks instead.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
There's a block from Botania that, at the cost of some mana (probably a decent amount) will keep a vanilla spawner active. I forget the name, but I think you need some more advanced materials to get it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
There's also a block in RotaryCraft that can do it. The Spawner Controller, if placed on top of a spawner and fed enough shaft power, can be configured to turn the spawner off completely or to crank up its output manyfold.

Reactions: Type1Ninja