1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Block which acts as player to activate spawners?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Badkuip, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Badkuip

Badkuip New Member

I'm wondering if there is a block which will active a normal spawner if it is close to it.

2. adamich

adamich Well-Known Member

In many modpacks U can build autospawners.
    Ender IO, MFR, Draconic Revol, ExtraUtils will help U.
    In vanila only AFK will work.

3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Popular Member

I *think* cursed earth makes vanilla spawners work without players (I haven't directly read this anywhere, but I've heard/seen it in a couple videos). Of course, that brings up the whole project of keeping light levels down, and killing the mobs, and processing their drops... Yeah, this is a fun project for anyone to work on. :p

4. ChemE

ChemE Well-Known Member

Cursed earth does indeed do this. Gotta love XU! I only wish that sticky pistons could move cursed earth blocks. I end up using drawbridges from Tinkers Mechworks instead.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  5. Salamileg9

Salamileg9 Well-Known Member

There's a block from Botania that, at the cost of some mana (probably a decent amount) will keep a vanilla spawner active. I forget the name, but I think you need some more advanced materials to get it.

6. Someone Else 37

Someone Else 37 Forum Addict

There's also a block in RotaryCraft that can do it. The Spawner Controller, if placed on top of a spawner and fed enough shaft power, can be configured to turn the spawner off completely or to crank up its output manyfold.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  7. NinjaEnergy

NinjaEnergy Active Member

Or Ganys nether extended spawners with the autonomous upgrade