Block that can push/pull mobs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
Title.

Basically, does anyone know of any mods that add a block that can push/pull mobs from a distance?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The chronotyper from MFR can divide adults from babies. Conveyor belts from the same mod can also push entities.

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
Chronotyper is good, but I don't think it works on hostile mobs. The conveyor belts are also good, but they don't work from a distance.

There used to be a block in the laser mod that would push mobs, and I think one mod added a fan a while back, but I can't think of any blocks that we currently have that can do the job.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you, there seems to be a "gap in the market" for some versatile mob moving. Perhaps it will be a feature in another new mod sometime soon.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I think thaumic tinkerer added a thaumic magnet type deal that pulls in mobs, never played with it so not sure.

Reactions: tompy97

tompy97

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I've tried the thaumostatic magnetizer but it only worked with items, I had no idea the advanced thaumostatic magnetizer existed. It works perfectly.

Epic cursed earth mob spawner here we come...

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I know you found a solution, but Extra utilities added a fan in the latest version.

I saw it in a spotlight for the mod.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda pointless saying, but I have alot of plans for this in Vineacraft :p
Will not be for awhile, and it will be in 1.6
But still :3

Intelligent mob sorting/moving using vines.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs won't spawn on water though ;)

not always a need for them to spawn in water. just have them spawning on a platform, from where they'll drop into a water canal themselves.
sure, it's not the most efficient, but it's the most basic one