Problem Block id mismatches for railcraft when trying to join DW20 server

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
WHen i try to join my own DW20 server, it doesn't let me on, saying that:
Forge Modloader has found world Id Mismatches
ID 343 ismismatched, World: (modID: minecraft, type uv, ordinal 2Game (ModID: railcraft, type railcraft.common.carts.ItemCartVanilla, ordinal 2)
ID 342 ismismatched, World: (modID: minecraft, type uv, ordinal 1) Game (ModID: railcraft, type railcraft.common.carts.ItemCartVanilla, ordinal 1)
ID 328 ismismatched, World: (modID: minecraft, type uv, ordinal 0) Game (ModID: railcraft, type railcraft.common.carts.ItemCartVanilla, ordinal 0)
thanks in advance.

Matoyak

Jul 29, 2019
I am having this exact same problem, except with a Mindcrack server. Exact error messages and everything.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Try copying all the configs from the clint over to the server and restarting it, then they should use the exact same configs.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at it closer and it seems like vanilla minecraft and railcraft are having issues since the first mod's modID is minecraft which would be the vanilla game and the second modID is railcraft, maybe try changing the ids in both to an unused id.

Matoyak

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at it closer and it seems like vanilla minecraft and railcraft are having issues since the first mod's modID is minecraft which would be the vanilla game and the second modID is railcraft, maybe try changing the ids in both to an unused id.
How do I do that? And how do I know what ID's are used, what aren't?

EDIT: Googling gives me tons of ways to fix block IDs, but not ModIDs.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining I meant the item ids but when looking through the config I discovered that you can't change them... I tried creating a server and joining it and had no issues. What server host are you using or are you hosting it from home? Could you post both the complete client and server logs on pastebin.

Matoyak

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining I meant the item ids but when looking through the config I discovered that you can't change them... I tried creating a server and joining it and had no issues. What server host are you using or are you hosting it from home? Could you post both the complete client and server logs on pastebin.
OK, we know how to get the client logs to pastebin, but we're not certain what you need for the server log. The server is hosted on an ubuntu machine from my friend's house, do you need the server.log in the .minecraft folder, or... sorry, we just don't know what you need server-wise.

EDIT: this is what we were able to get.

http://pastebin.com/fkqMZQFy - my FtB Launcher log

http://pastebin.com/yF8yFWtQ - my FtB Mindcrack log

http://pastebin.com/vUrJCyhq - my friend's Mindcrack log

http://pastebin.com/6EqxKndR - Server log on the Ubuntu server, pulled from the Ubuntu terminal.

EDIT2: And the only .cfgs we changed were to turn the gregtech animations off, and the expensive gregtech recipes off.

Matoyak

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a few other people able to fix the same issue by updating forge, try updating forge for both the client and the server, use the universal link for the latest build, otherwise I have no idea :(. http://files.minecraftforge.net/
OK, we'll try doing that. My friend had to head off to work, though, so I'll have to wait a day before I can do so. Thanks for the help, I'll report back here if it works. If anyone else has any recommendations, I'll be willing to try whatever out as well. :)

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, instead of running this by just launching the .bat or.sh, open terminal, type
cd ~/directory/serverfilename/
except replace directory with desktop, library, etc. replace serverfilename with your server's file name. (the one in which you have both your mindcrack/dw20.jar and start.sh/.bat. pres enter.
drag in start file. done

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of running this by just launching the .bat or.sh, open terminal, type
cd ~/directory/serverfilename/
except replace directory with desktop, library, etc. replace serverfilename with your server's file name. (the one in which you have both your mindcrack/dw20.jar and start.sh/.bat. pres enter.
drag in start file. done

Matoyak

Jul 29, 2019
OK, thanks everyone for your help. We managed to get it fixed: As it turns out, my friend had misunderstood and downloaded the server from the www.feed-the-beast.com website, and not the launcher. As one might suspect, that would cause issues. Thanks for y'all's help :D

Matoyak

Jul 29, 2019
i am having the same problem loving onto a volts server on technic:(
Make certain the server was downloaded from the FtB Launcher, and not the FtB website. Make certain to pick the correct server in the FtB Launcher. Do a force update if need be. This isn't a config problem, or java problem, it's a problem where the server and client are incompatible with each other due to either being for different modpacks, or different versions of the modpack. At least, that is what the issue was for us.

ryan010111

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have help?

I have a server on FtB unhinged pack but i am trying to add the fossil: (dinosaur mod) it works fine and everything and one of my friends can join but my other freind is trying to join to my server but it said that he dose not have the mods when we can see the mod in his folder .... plus if i take it out of the server and replace it with Project Zulu he just gets tones of world id mismatches how can i help him. :(