Block Creeper Griefing

B

Bakura

Is there any way to make the creeper explode without destroying the blocks, as in Magic Farm 2/3, without using commands?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What version of Minecraft are you running? I know Actually Additions has the Shock Absorber, which I believe counteracts block destruction at the cost of RF. There is also a Botania flower; it absorbs TNT explosions, so it may do creepers too?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Edit the saved game file where that setting is stored? There are mods that provide access to that setting through the config files. I always enable cheats, so the command line is the easiest way to go, but right now I'm using Creeper Confetti. Can you add mods to whatever you are playing?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I suppose it also begs the question of why you don't want to use commands - is it that you want a "legit" in-game way to do it?

Looks like the Entropinnyum is only for TNT, not other explosions, so you may be out of luck. The botania Tigerseye makes creepers both run away and be unable to explode, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

B

Bakura

I suppose it also begs the question of why you don't want to use commands - is it that you want a "legit" in-game way to do it?

Exactly.

Looks like the Entropinnyum is only for TNT, not other explosions, so you may be out of luck. The botania Tigerseye makes creepers both run away and be unable to explode, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're after.

I wanted something that would cause it to explode, but not destroy the blocks, similar to the mobgriefing command. Another player told me about the CreeperCollateral, but it only causes the blocks not to be incinerated in the explosion ...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ah bother.

Ooh! I just had a quick hunt around and found this: TNT Utilities! Have a read of the Overview, see if it might be what you're after? Its a mod that does it, but might that be a bit more legit-feeling than commands?