Blindwolves: Runescape Gods Exposed is brought to you by the general store. [GAME THREAD] [Ended]

Are you town?

• I sure am!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I am not telling you...

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I don't think we need a vote tally today.
Erindalc's demise would have been pretty certain.

Today the townspeople of Falador (Runescape reference not intended), finally got fed up with the dangerous wolves threatening the town. They decided to end the killing spree by shooting another person. This night Erindalc was up for execution.
As Erin was chained to the wall in the back of the shooting range, and Someone Else wielded the RSFRP for the last time, lightning struck twice, indicating the anger of a god. The first bolt struck Fowl and the second one struck Erin. Both of them he miraculously survived, but they he certainly wouldn't survive a second electrocution.*
Another kind of -cution, execution, was about to be Erin's faith, as the revolver got loaded with the last silver bullets.
Needless to say, Erin bit the dust, just like all of the other wolves. And so, the town's research of the letality of supernatural ammo to natural beings failed to produce any results. Everyone went to bed frustratedly disappointed.

In the meantime, in the hills of Rimmington (I lied), @dylanpiera, the Seer, sensed that the danger had gone from the town of Falador. He urged @CorpseCat, to return there with him, because there was one last threat that only a Witch could take care of. Of course, their third companion, @Zexy, Cupid, did not stay behind in the hills by himself, but went with them.

When they got to the town, everyone was fast asleep again. Dylan, knocked on Someone Else's door until it got opened by an exceptionally hairy man. It seemed like SE was turning into some kind of Bigfoot (small edition). The Witch administered his poison to the abomination which died with an awful scream.

In the morning, Vike, Nojr and Fowl awoke, after which Fowl casually hung himself and went to hell for it.

Erin was lynched. He was the Infectious Wolf.
All wolves are now dead, which means that town has won.

The game is over (D6).

Winners:
Goreae
Lethosos
Nojr
Profrags
RJS
Someone Else 37
Vikestep

Losers:
Erindalc
Fowltief
Pyure
RealKC
Shazam

*Dang, you sniped me Erin!

EDIT: If game hadn't ended:

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Oh well. Good game. We might have done better if I had ended up infecting someone, but no big deal.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
So now, please give me feedback.

I feel like this game was, as we call that in mechanics, in an unstable equilibrium.
It was balanced at the start, but as soon as it got a little bit unbalanced, the scales got tipped completely to that side's favour.

One thing I have definitely learned is that the innocent role should be removed or nerfed.

Good game!

@Robijnvogel: Will the thread's title change now that the game is over, or will that part always be invisible? :p

Thank you and thanks for the suggestion.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So there wasn't even a Witch to begin with?

Huh.

So now, please give me feedback.

I feel like this game was, as we call that in mechanics, in an unstable equilibrium.
It was balanced at the start, but as soon as it got a little bit unbalanced, the scales got tipped completely to that side's favour.

One thing I have definitely learned is that the innocent role should be removed or nerfed.
On other forums, there's occasionally an Innocent Child role that can reveal itself as confirmed town at any point in the game. However, those forums usually do not permit private convos (other than the wolf convo, of course), making such a role much less overpowered.

Generally speaking, any confirmed town player early on in a game that allows private convos is extremely powerful. In my last game, there was at least one way that could happen (reanimation by the Havengul Runebinder), which I counteracted by making it impossible to the Runebinder to actually reanimate anyone until a few days into the game. There was also a potential issue in the first version of MoonWolf, as the only player that could survive a lynch was a villager. In MoonWolf 2, I fixed that by giving a wolf role and a neutral role that same ability.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
On other forums, there's occasionally an Innocent Child role that can reveal itself as confirmed town at any point in the game. However, those forums usually do not permit private convos (other than the wolf convo, of course), making such a role much less overpowered.

I was thinking of nerfing the Innocent role by disallowing him to be in any group conversations (except wolves) AND disallowing him to speak in any private conversations (except with wolves).
This way, everyone can give information to the Innocent, however the innocent can not confirm what information he has received without letting everyone, including the wolves, know this.

Reactions: fowltief

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@VikeStep, for the record: I was just genuinely liking your posts.

I, too, noticed it was incongruous that I was liking a vote-post w/o commenting and/or supporting it. I figured I could easily talk my way around it. I died before I got the chance.