Solved Blaze rod dupe bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Blaze rod dupe bug.(Unbalanced Interaction)

Pack Version 1.7.0

What is the bug? The bug is an unbalanced interaction involving an interaction between Integrated dynamics and either thermal expansion or industrial craft. If you convert a blaze rod into powder, using an integrated dynamics mechanical squeezer, you get 6, sometimes 7 blaze powder. Then if you turn that blaze powder into rods again using the thermal expansion compactor, or the industrial craft compressor, you get a blaze rod from only 5 blaze powder. So over time, cycles, and a decent amount of power you end up with more blaze rods then you started with. about 7 rods produced for every 6 rods broke down.

Mod & Version Integrated dynamics
Thermal Expansion or Industrial Craft

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Insert blaze rods into the integrated dynamics mechanical squeezer. Feed the blaze powder from the squeezer into a compressor. Then feed the blaze rods produced by the compressor back into the squeezer. Give it some time, and you have more rods then you started with.

Known Fix Reduce the number of blaze powder you get from each blaze rod from 6 with a chance of a bonus powder, down to 5 with a lower chance of a bonus, in the integrated dynamics mechanical squeezer.

Last edited:
M

MonzterAssassin

This is not a bug, nor is it duplication.

A bug implies that it's not intended behavior, whereas both of those features are working 100% intended, and duplication implies your directly copying the same item(s) with little to no effort/cost. This isn't a duplication bug as it is intended behavior and required RF. Look at it like a mass fabricator from IC2 being able to indirectly produce diamonds from solely inputting energy. This is a similar concept. Albeit I understand this isn't balanced, but that isn't the question at hand.

Hope this helps.

M

MonzterAssassin

If anything, you can go to either the Integrated Dynamics discord/GitHub or the COFH discord/GitHub and request that one or the other is balanced around this, providing all the evidence as to why you think it is unbalanced. And if they refuse to change it, you can certainly look into mod tweaker and change it for yourself :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is not a bug, nor is it duplication.

A bug implies that it's not intended behavior, whereas both of those features are working 100% intended, and duplication implies your directly copying the same item(s) with little to no effort/cost. This isn't a duplication bug as it is intended behavior and required RF. Look at it like a mass fabricator from IC2 being able to indirectly produce diamonds from solely inputting energy. This is a similar concept. Albeit I understand this isn't balanced, but that isn't the question at hand.

Hope this helps.
I would argue that the imbalance is entirely on Integrated Dynamics' part.

By vanilla reckoning, you can get two blaze powder from one blaze rod. With most crusher/pulveriser type dealies, you get a maximum of 4. I would say that Team CoFH have already tried to balance this, by setting the amount of blaze powder required in the compactor at 5 - 2.5 times the vanilla amount you get from a blaze rod - making, by most reckonings, a net negative. And note that the bonus material in their version is sulphur, NOT blaze powder, so no cheesing it with secondary sieves.

The OP did actually make an appropriate suggestion, that said - I would even say lowering it to 5 with zero chance at a bonus powder would be the minimum suitable change.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I do know that the term Dupe Bug is not really the appropriate term to use for this. "Unbalanced Interaction" would be a better term. As for the fix, as Gamerwithnogame said, the unbalance is more on Integrated Dynamics, then Thermal Expansion. Reason I say this is the majority of mods use 5 powder from a rod as the standard max for processing. Although, to be noted is this, getting 7 powder from a blaze rod using integrated dynamics is not unbalanced on its own. It only becomes unbalanced in the presence of other mods that allow powder to rod processing.

also to be noted; unlike industrial craft matter fabricator, this interaction can be used to create a self powered fabricator that produces all the power it needs to run and still net a surplus of rods.

Main reason I posted this is because the FTB team has lots of tools at their disposal, including the tools to have Integrated Dynamics mechanical squeezer use a different recipe when processing rods, by default, in their modpacks. They also have a lot of work they put into making packs and maintaining everything else they do, which keeps them very busy, so they can't always find interaction anomalies like this on their own.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hi there,

Thanks for your report and more importantly your patients. I am working on solving this issue - I will either wait for the issue below to be addressed or solve it myself with CraftTweaker if necessary.

https://github.com/CyclopsMC/IntegratedDynamics/issues/542

Also this is not the place to discuss how the post should be titled. Save that for Reddit or somewhere else. I don't mind people giving advice or tips, but don't make a big deal out of it. Nevertheless the issue at stake can be seen as a dupe bug depending on how you look at it. So it's neither wrong or right.

This issue will be addressed in the next update. Stay tuned for it. I will reply here once it's sorted.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hi there,

Thanks for your report and more importantly your patients. I am working on solving this issue - I will either wait for the issue below to be addressed or solve it myself with CraftTweaker if necessary.

https://github.com/CyclopsMC/IntegratedDynamics/issues/542

Also this is not the place to discuss how the post should be titled. Save that for Reddit or somewhere else. I don't mind people giving advice or tips, but don't make a big deal out of it. Nevertheless the issue at stake can be seen as a dupe bug depending on how you look at it. So it's neither wrong or right.

This issue will be addressed in the next update. Stay tuned for it. I will reply here once it's sorted.
So a quick update, it appears the blaze rod issue has already been addressed. I will get it in for next update as mentioned.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hi there,

Thank you for your patients. This issue has been addressed and fixed in the latest release of the modpack, 1.9.0 - it's still a beta mind so be sure to backup before updating. As such, this issue will now be closed. If you're still experiencing problems please open a new issue report via the same method as before.

Many thanks once again for your help to find and iron out the various issues in the modpack.

Changelog (Basic):
https://www.feed-the-beast.com/projects/ftb-presents-direwolf20-1-12/files/2534193

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
Status
Not open for further replies.