Blaze Powered Boilers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bobodamonkey

Jul 29, 2019
I happened to have found a portal gun inside a dungeon chest using the direwolf 20 pack. I was wondering, if I got the spawner to the overworld, would a normal blaze spawner trap provide enough rods to power a 36 HP boiler? Will the blazes spawn in the overworld? Or should I spend the time killing blazes and gain the level 5 spawner? Thanks.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe a normal Blaze Spawner will keep a 36HP boiler fueled. A tier 5 Blaze shard spawner is sufficient keep 2x 36HP boilers fueled with a slight surplus, though; a tier 4 should keep a single 36 HP boiler fueled if you don't want to go all the way to tier 5. The downside is that you can't control a tier 4 spawner with redstone, but you can control it with light level instead.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I happened to have found a portal gun inside a dungeon chest using the direwolf 20 pack. I was wondering, if I got the spawner to the overworld, would a normal blaze spawner trap provide enough rods to power a 36 HP boiler? Will the blazes spawn in the overworld? Or should I spend the time killing blazes and gain the level 5 spawner? Thanks.
Also, from what I've heard - it would not.

I'm not even sure that you're able to transfer it that way.

Tell us once you test it!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Vanilla spawners have 3 main weak points.
They only work within 16 blocks of the player​
Blazes only drop rods from 'player' kills (so water gives you nothing)​
The spawn rate is very slow.​

Easiest to invest in a T5 blaze shard, they have none of the above problems, and you can switch them off with redstone.
-As for power output?
2013-01-12_153629_zps3ebc9bb4.png

2x36H+36LP boilers- with just the raw rods ... you could mix them with charcoal (potentia) and cobblestone (fractus) to make alumentum. (6.4k heat each)​
(the aura will hate you... do it on a server- someone's else's problem then!)​

Bobodamonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla spawners have 3 main weak points.
They only work within 16 blocks of the player​
Blazes only drop rods from 'player' kills (so water gives you nothing)​
The spawn rate is very slow.​

Easiest to invest in a T5 blaze shard, they have none of the above problems, and you can switch them off with redstone.
-As for power output?
2013-01-12_153629_zps3ebc9bb4.png

2x36H+36LP boilers- with just the raw rods ... you could mix them with charcoal (potentia) and cobblestone (fractus) to make alumentum. (6.4k heat each)​
(the aura will hate you... do it on a server- someone's else's problem then!)​
Thank you, I guess that's what I'm going to do then. That is a whole lot of power.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I did test it in 1.4.2 using a portal gun transfered Blaze spawner to the overworld, and unless you make the killing blow you don't get blaze rods (don't know about melee turtle though). BUT with a T5 spawner which is easy to get you do get rod drops without any interaction at all.

Great mod selection with this in mind... the GT silencer... The block silences mob sounds of a specific type within its range :) put it next to a blaze room and blazes are silent.. If its no possible then mojang needs to fix that :)

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the feeling that as cool as it is TC isn't really suited for automated mass production, thanks to the limits of the aura.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the feeling that as cool as it is TC isn't really suited for automated mass production, thanks to the limits of the aura.

Considering the mod has barely scratched the surface of where he wants it to go (by his own words 25%ish done), I'm willing to wait for the future things, and I'd bet pedros to pesos there's going to be methods to rebuild/stabilize auras above and beyond the piddly methods we have now (which seems to be more moving aura around until you reach a stronger node with infused stone left to suck power out of).

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/aura-and-you-all-about-thaumcraft-3-aura-mechanics.7792/
You should read that thread before suggesting building a meganode as a solution to aura being limited. (Not that stable aura is impossible, but there's more to it than that.)
Alas, thou art picky. :p

Upon building a mega-node, you have a substantial base pool to draw from. I should have further quantified myself by mentioning the crystal clusters before. Design with them in mind for decor and you could get some interesting stuff going. :D

I can hardly wait to see what else TC3 is going to have. I want those new golems you see on Forgecraft LPs. Then again, I need to settle more in my current world and actually get golems period. :eek:

Edit: So I started reading the thread after this reply... I admit to nothing! :)

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm dumb and missing something obvious, but how does one move a spawner from the nether to the overworld using a portal gun? Last time I tried, I couldn't find any way to get the spawner to come with me when going through a nether portal, and portal gun portals don't go interdimensionally.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

I beg to differ.

Not automated becuase that is sort of hard. But nothing stops you from mass productiuon and semi automated systems.

Aura can be artifcally keeped up. Your issue is flux but that also can be side steeped in a few ways.

Just do it far away from anything you care about. Like a little death island work shop.