BlackScreen after playing some time [Solved]

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

bsaksida

Jul 29, 2019
Title BlackScreen after playing some time

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Any

Modpack version 1.7.10 and 1.10.2

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/e6e9d541

Details of the issue I added aroma backup mod

When playing game. If i encounter 2 second freeze, then the client goes black screen. Sometimes it happens verry often, sometimes i do not get it.
When this happens i need to restart client.

The Log file is from Skyfactory 2.5.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Decrease your memory allocation to 2-4 GB.

bsaksida

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't help. My system has 16 gigs of ram, but i think i may have solved it. I increased my ram clock to 800 (1600Mhz Dual chanel) Mhz by loading XMP profile (default specification) but for some reason i had to adjust voltage, since i am loading XMP values.

I used default memory location 4 gb, but due to issue i tried various things, including increasing ram allocation. With this issue, sometimes i experienced no or 1 per day. But this time it happend after 2 minutes every time i restarted client. I also noticed that i can increase a chance for this issue by having Firefox or IE opened and listen youtube in background

I had BSOD. After BSOD i increased ram clock speed. Previously i had it undercloocked. But the system was more unstable. After experimenting i found out that the system is more stable by incrieasing voltage. Since i am loading XMP profile, i did not expect i needed to adjust dram voltage. For now i did not experience any issue since. Been playing Skyfactory for 5 hours since then. I still need to spend more time to realy see if this solved my issue.

bsaksida

Jul 29, 2019
The issue was i had to set adaptive voltage to CPU voltage. Default settings are unstable. This is what happens when someone gets Motherboard and unlocked cpu, and doesn't know a thing about overcloocking