Bizarre Occurance in Direwolf20 pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mike Ryan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was exploring some caves off of a ravine in my Direwolf20 world (most recent version of the pack), and got surprised by a creeper and died. I made my way back, but got hung up with a couple of creeper explosions near a lava flow. So, when I got back to my death point, all my items had despwaned.

Then, to add insult to injury, I return to my house to regroup only to find parts of my house missing.

2012-12-30_16.01.58.png

It's like there was mob of Enderman rampaging through my house.

I have been dabbling some with Thaumcraft, but I haven't gotten far (little bit of research, and I've created a crucible, research table, Thaumonoicom and an Apprentice Wand).

I do have a wisp floating around, but while it's attacked me, it hasn't appeard to do any material damage.

Any ideas?

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, most likely burned somehow as the glass on the roof is still intact, so no explosion I guess

Darkness4910

Jul 29, 2019
Only the wood was affected, but I'm playing in single player, so there wasn't any mischief. Is there anything that could cause a spontaneous fire?
I haven't found a wisp myself yet, but I've seen them in videos. Maybe one of them went on a rampage? (thunder attack -> fire?)

Mike Ryan

Jul 29, 2019
I do have a lava source under my crucible as its heat source. I have the squares around the source as cobblestone, as well as the adjacent wall to a row above the crucible. Could it have been a spark from the lava? The ability of lava to set fire to things from a distance appears to be conjectural.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
All designs I've seen so far, including Azanor's own, placed the lava-powered crucible in the middle of a 5x5 square of stone. In other words, two rings of stone around the lava, not one.

I've had such a setup in a house with an otherwise wooden floor, and it never ignited. I didn't have any wood in the roof above it, though...

5argan

Jul 29, 2019
nah look at my link there fire spread for lava is explained too. most likely was the issue here

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Next time, have cheats enabled and use /gamerule doFireTick false

You'll find it helps a fair bit.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Cobblestone can still be set on fire by lava. If one of your cobble blocks had a fire spawn from the lava, it could have spread to your wood quite easily.

Always use stone or stone brick to surround the lava from the crucible.

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
Cobble won't be set on fire any more than stone or stone brick. Signs (and probably other wooden objects, like item frames) will cause fires next to them (but will never burn up).

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you raise your flux too high, you get very, very violent storms if you have that kind of aura node, and trust me, you do NOT want wood anywhere near your roof when one of those nodes go off the deep end.