Biomes O' Plenty: Too Much Water edition

Nopkar

Jul 29, 2019
So either I have the worst luck known to any minecrafter ever or BOP hates me.

I've generated almost 70 new worlds in FTB: Unleashed and explored anywhere from 10minutes to an hour on each one and i'm getting the same kind of terrain generation: ponds/lakes/rivers destroying 70% of the usable land.

It might just be me but there's far too much water in world gen. the grasslands are dotted with ponds every 15-20 blocks making building in them a serious pain. most of the biomes themselves revolve around huge tracks of water dotted with islands.

I can be picky at times with where I select my build site, as that's where I'm going to be spending dozens of hours of my life and if I don't like it I won't want to play.

before the direwolf20 debacle I finally found my perfect site. A grove, relatively flat (3-5 block Y range from 63) with a large village (10-15 structures) that wasn't ruined by a ravine (90% of all villages I've found have been split or destroyed by a ravine/river. it's really annoying). Almost 100m away was a river gently rounding the edge of an Alps biome which became the site of my mine. this was surrounded by mostly forested biomes with a desert on the other side of the alps.

I don't NEED that kind of location again. All I do need is a large enough piece of land to do something with without 30+ ravines tearing it up and rivers crossing through ever 10 chunks with ponds all over the place pouring into the ravines. It's frustrating.

Is anyone else having these same issues with BOP?

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
It's got to be bad luck on your worlds, I've found plenty of areas not wrecked by water. Cherry groves are nice, mystic groves are even nicer (one of my favorites in BoP), meadows, etc, can usually be found pretty dry.

I love some of the water biomes added though. In my first Bop world I set up a home on the edge of a Crag. Crags are awesome even if it's hard to mine under

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a lot of water, but I've also found large areas of land as well. I think the biomes are just much larger than they used to be.

I'm actually considering building in a bog or marsh, myself.

redemption15

Jul 29, 2019
I also ran into this the first few worlds I generated. I went ahead and turned off Ocean Generation in the BOP config. It doesn't completely remove oceans from the world; just makes them smaller.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
You could always build some docks or platforms to stick your structures on. Kinda nice in that creepers just bob around not blowing your stuff up.