Biomes O' Plenty or Extrabiomesxl

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
Hello wonderful people of the FTB Forums. I was wondering what people prefer to use in terms of biome mods. Personally, I like extrabiomesxl because the biomes just look better imo. I also like how the sky stays the same color in extrabiomes. The sky color was a cool addition in Biomes O' Plenty, but it was kinda annoying when the sky turns a dark shade of green in a swamp.

So tell me, what do you prefer and why? Extrabiomesxl or Biomes O' Plenty.

Good Day,
Darkling

Reactions: AlCapella

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot about highlands. We'll include that as well. ATG doesn't really add biomes it just changes how the world generates.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I forgot about highlands. We'll include that as well. ATG doesn't really add biomes it just changes how the world generates.
it adds biomes as well, though not a lot of them.

BOP is more for fantasy/magic based packs (IMO)
ExbiomesXL feels like it would go in a tech based realisim pack.
Highlands, i cant really speak for, as i don't have very much experience.

Reactions: Darkling54

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I have shouted myself hoarse about my liking for EXBL in these forums, so.... ;) EXBL is very configurable, its biomegen blends into the landscape as opposed to the bop in-your-face biomegens....

Highlands' biomespecific oregen is fantastic, if you want to ensure that people don't plonk 9x9 500m from spawn and stay put there, for the remainder of the game. Same goes for ATG. It adds another dimension of challenge to exploration per se.

The 1.7.x biomes are getting better and better, so more people might also stick to those in the future.

EXBL (with ATG and/or highlands) all the way for me. :)

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I was mostly pleased with the worldgen in Monster 1.1.2 (doing ATG with BoP and Highlands), but that's more just because it's an interesting change from what I usually see. What I will say is that just adding more biomes doesn't make worlds look all that much better, so ATG is now kind of a core requirement for me if I want pretty worlds.

Reactions: Padfoote

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
yes, like he says, ^^ spend some time to configure highlands oregen and I can assure you, exploration is an interesting minigame in its own right. ;)
You say take some time, but it's literally changing the word "false" to "true" and your done. Very easy to change and very worthwhile.