Biomes o' Plenty - Island World?

xalcon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a private 1.7.10 server including biomes o plenty and my users would like to have more islands and some huge oceans. Our current map only has like one big island surrounded by a even bigger ocean and everything beyond that is just land (we have a 2500+ by 1500+ blocks wide jungle which no one likes because of some heavy frame lag).

I've played around with the bop settings and some of the outcomes were quite promising, but now I've a s*** ton of river biomes destroying the remaining landmasses. Does anyone have some experience in creating water worlds with a lot of midsize (~300 - 500 blocks) islands? The BoP Configs doesnt contain biome weights for oceans or river biomes... I can only play around with biome size and landmass percentage :/ (atleast thats what I've found)

I wouldn't mind installing other mods to alter the terrain gen, but I havn't found anything suitable.
I've already thought about creating a ocean-only world and creating islands using WorldEdit, but those chunks wouldn't have the worldgen you would find in a generated world. Another idea would be to edit the source of BoP itself, but the license does not allow distribution of derived versions :/

drellen

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to check when I get home, but i'm running ... something that generated a lovely set of islands for me. Part of the ImpactFlux pack. Enchanced Biomes maybe?

xalcon

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I was looking for the wrong thing.. always thought biomes define the shape of the terrain - but thats actually part of a terrain generator and biomes just define the decorative parts (like plants, blocks, etc)

Climate Control looks really nice, I will try it out :)

//Edit:
Just tried climate control and it looks like its not properly updated to 1.7.10 yet (crashes with NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.world.WorldType.func_77128()) :( Still looking for alternatives.

Last edited: