Biome's O Plenty deformed terrain

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Syne

Jul 29, 2019
So I started my world and set up shop close to spawn since it had all that I needed pretty much. Went out exploring after a while to find the terrain all cut and broken - http://imgur.com/a/S8Cqa#0 - And being OCD when it comes to terrain, whether I can see it or not, knowing its there is driving me mad.

This isn't the first time it's happened. Not sure what causes it but I am very much interested in any potential fix. Backups contain the same deformed terrain aswell.

With great appreciation, Syne.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Generator code changed, by either adding or removing a structure/biome or seed changing. Has existed since mineaft Alpha at the very lest, maybe even indev if there were infinite world at that point.

Syne

Jul 29, 2019
Generator code changed, by either adding or removing a structure/biome or seed changing. Has existed since mineaft Alpha at the very lest, maybe even indev if there were infinite world at that point.
So there's really no way to go about fixing it then I guess? Just curious how it even happened in the first place. Pretty sure there we're no changes to the config's or the mod list. Perhaps there is some way I can lift my base out of my current world and transplant it into a new one, haha. The thought of restarting makes me cringe.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you made a previous world with the same name but had a different seed, without closing minecraft?

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
So there's really no way to go about fixing it then I guess? Just curious how it even happened in the first place. Pretty sure there we're no changes to the config's or the mod list. Perhaps there is some way I can lift my base out of my current world and transplant it into a new one, haha. The thought of restarting makes me cringe.
The only real "Fix" is to delete your world and start over using the same seed.

As to how it happened -- This is my guess: (assuming you are playing SSP)
start mc, create new world, look at spawn
stop mc. edit BOP configs and change "something" This alters the terrain generator parameters for your world.
start mc again and keep playing. -- your existing terrain is unchanged, but when you explore new chunks, they are created based on the new parameters which are different than what you started with, so you get the broken terrain.

Reactions: Syne

Syne

Jul 29, 2019
The only real "Fix" is to delete your world and start over using the same seed.

As to how it happened -- This is my guess: (assuming you are playing SSP)
start mc, create new world, look at spawn
stop mc. edit BOP configs and change "something" This alters the terrain generator parameters for your world.
start mc again and keep playing. -- your existing terrain is unchanged, but when you explore new chunks, they are created based on the new parameters which are different than what you started with, so you get the broken terrain.
Most likely. When I started playing a while back, it was a different version and before I had started that world, I had modified the BoP configs. However, I hastily updated and refused to backup my configs figuring it would not have such an... Annoying effect on the terrain. Couldn't have been more wrong, ha. Not a big deal though. Restarted a new world and made sure to keep everything backed up on a separate drive.

Thanks to all who have replied, I appreciate it. Even though I cant recover my world, its good knowing I was the cause and people were willing to help. Thank you!