Solved Biomes O' Plenty biomes won't appear on server (Woops, just a typo)

redxlaser15

Mar 3, 2020
First of all, let me establish a few things, as I've googled about this and they were mentioned:
-There are two different .cfg files that this mod has, gameplay.cfg and misc.cfg, both of which don't allow a relevant option. Main.cfg or Terraingen.cfg are nonexistent files and must just be figments of your imagination.
-In server properties file, setting world gen to BIOMESOP or BIOMESOPLENTY does nothing.
-Forge is installed and works fine, as all other mods function how they should

EDIT: This is in Minecraft 1.12.2

EDIT 2: Some more information:
-Biomes O' Plenty doesn't have .disabled on it in the mods folder
-Forge version is 14.23.5.2847, which is the latest one that I could download. I would've used 'recommended' but apparently some of my mods need a more recent version than that.
-Biomes O' Plenty is labelled as version 7.0.1.2441, which, like forge, is the latest version I could get.
-I did start a fresh new world when trying to get this to work
-Whenever I attempt to copy over a freshly made world from single player into multiplayer with the exact same mods and everything it inexplicably corrupts the world save (judging from research as to why it crashes).
If it's generated freshly from the server without importing it does not do this
-Generation in other mods works perfectly, whether that be biomes, buildings, oregen, etc.
-There is only one or two biomes added by my mods, so Biomes O' Plenty biomes should in no way be hard to find

EDIT 3: FIXED! To my embarrassment, it was just a simple typo.

Last edited:

redxlaser15

Mar 3, 2020
What pack?
No pack, I set it up myself.
Everything else works just fine so far, it's just that Biomes O' Plenty biomes don't show up. Generation from other mods does indeed appear, whether that be the Magical Forest from Thaumcraft, Oil spouts from Buildcraft, or various different ores and buildings.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Did you try with a fresh world?

Did you try only with forge and Biomes o plenty and no other mod, just to see how that works out?

And it should be BIOMESOP in server.properties

As this isn't a FTB pack and the help you're looking for is with 1 mod - you should contact that mod dev for support:
I'll bet you can find info here:
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/biomes-o-plenty

A tip:
When you ask for help, give more information about version of the mod, what MC version and what forge version - etc. - makes it easier to help you out.

redxlaser15

Mar 3, 2020
Did you try with a fresh world?

Did you try only with forge and Biomes o plenty and no other mod, just to see how that works out?

And it should be BIOMESOP in server.properties

As this isn't a FTB pack and the help you're looking for is with 1 mod - you should contact that mod dev for support:
I'll bet you can find info here:
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/biomes-o-plenty

A tip:
When you ask for help, give more information about version of the mod, what MC version and what forge version - etc. - makes it easier to help you out.
Those are some good points, I'm going to update the original comment with some of that.
I did start a fresh world, and I COULD try with just Biomes O' Plenty and forge, however that'd be a massive pain to deal with, as I'd need to temporarily remove a lot of mods and then re-add them. I apparently have a total of 61 mods on the server.

redxlaser15

Mar 3, 2020
As I wrote in an new edit on the original mention, I fixed it. Just a little typo, thanks anyway

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
As I wrote in an new edit on the original mention, I fixed it. Just a little typo, thanks anyway

Super - always nice to solve stuff and be able to move past that and do the fun things - playing :)

Have fun!