Biomass to EU conversion - 40K EU per bucket?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

griffin0991

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

So I'm a bit new to FTB and I had been looking into ways to convert biomass to EU. I'd seen that the bio generator gave 8000 EU per bucket of biomass, but I had read somewhere that using a biogass engine powered magma cruicible would provide a better conversion ratio.

So I set it up with cobblestone in the cruicible and a biogass engine with 1 bucket of biomass powering it. I then hooked the cruicible up to a geothermal generator with a batbox placed next to it. 2 cobble stone later I have a completely charged batbox with 40k EU.

I guess my question is if this is a common method of producing EU, given that the bio generator only produces 1/5 the power per bucket.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty nuts, especially considering you can improve that ratio with Netherrack instead of Cobblestone. Either SirSengir or King Lemming likely needs to adjust a ratio.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Jepp Biogas-Engines produce 50.000 MJ (5 MJ/t for 10.000 Ticks).

I'm not sure why the BioGenerator only gives 8.000 EU since the ratio forestry uses to transform the energies is 1:2,5 which would make it 16.000 and propably still worse than the magma-crucible, which just has a higher transformation-value.