Biogas and Apples

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've got a tree farm up and running, and am producing more biogas from saplings then my biogas engines can currently use. Now I know you can convert biogas into biofuel (with a still I think), but is it worth it?

Likewise, I'm getting a lot of apples now. What can I do with these? I believe my options are turn to biogas, or squeeze into apple juice, but what can you do with Apple Juice? Seems a bit of a dead end product.

TIA.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
rather then the apple juice you may want the byproduct, mulch. it can be used to make humus or bog earth instead of compost or fertilizer

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
You'll probably produce way more biomass, than your apples can sustain by themselves. So use the juice as a boost sometimes, otherwise use water.

Squeezer -> liquiduct -> tank -> liquiduct -> fermenter
Below the tank is a gate (IF tank.isFull THEN emitRedstone). This redstone signal is sent to the AqAcc below your fermenter, which normally fills it with water. The redstone signal disables it. As soon as the fermenter has run dry, the juice will pour in. This will drain the tank and the gate stops emitting redstone, thus reactivating the AqAcc, which will refill the fermenter with water, as soon as all juice has been used. And the cycle begins anew.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
hmm, if I squeeze the apples, I might have them supply a dedicated engine. But I'm thinking I'm just going to store a barrels worth, and recycle the rest.

Topsu

Jul 29, 2019
You'll probably produce way more biomass, than your apples can sustain by themselves. So use the juice as a boost sometimes, otherwise use water.

Squeezer -> liquiduct -> tank -> liquiduct -> fermenter
Below the tank is a gate (IF tank.isFull THEN emitRedstone). This redstone signal is sent to the AqAcc below your fermenter, which normally fills it with water. The redstone signal disables it. As soon as the fermenter has run dry, the juice will pour in. This will drain the tank and the gate stops emitting redstone, thus reactivating the AqAcc, which will refill the fermenter with water, as soon as all juice has been used. And the cycle begins anew.

Can someone help me?

How do I do this, I have no idea how to code in computer craft.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't need computer craft, just a structure pipe and a gate from buildcraft.