Biofuel generators

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I recently watched one of sl1pg8r's videos called "Moar One Eight!!!," and he showed us this cow farm that basically has a rancher from mfr being used on a cow and having the milk being used in a biofuel generator to essentially produce endless power. I made that in my ftb world, but it doesn't work. The generators won't accept the milk from the fluiducts. I pretty much built the same thing, minus the ME system. Was something changed? I'm running FTB monster 1.1.2.

Nanolathe

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you want a Biogas engine?
Such a setup would require a small constant supply of Lava also.

Without a link to the vid in question it's hard to see what you're trying to replicate.

Checking the vid in question; That's a positive power loop. Most mods have stopped those from occurring one-way-or-another.

Essentially it's was an exploit, and now it's been fixed.

Last edited:

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok. Since it's been fixed Ill probably go hunt enderman to make ender tanks and make a pump in the nether, to power some magmatics, or use a biogas

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I believe squids still work.

Put a squid in a tank (body of water surrounded by glass) and put ranchers around it and ull get tons of ink sacs and they can be turned into BioFuel (MFR)

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to recall that the rancher was altered to not allow pulling from the same mob with a rate that would support 'squid-pawa'..at least not at the level it was being used at originally. Might still work with a few squid and/or multiple ranchers? Dunno.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Im gonna try it out in creative first cause I don't wanna tear it down like the cow one ;)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the rancher was nerfed to only milk cows and squids once every minute for each.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I made a squid one in creative with 3 ranchers per side, and it works like a charm! I put in a couple squids, gave the ranchers some initial power, and it worked