BigReactors Vs ReactorCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Bending the universe to one's will does tend to require much power.

TheMaster2b.jpg

YOU WILL OBEY ME!

Reactions: dothrom

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Mining, processing, upkeep, farming, bending the universe to my will...
do we need to get you an itty bitty living space to go with that INFINITE COSMIC POWWEERRR!!!!
no universe bending please. I prefer to remain alive.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
do we need to get you an itty bitty living space to go with that INFINITE COSMIC POWWEERRR!!!!
no universe bending please. I prefer to remain alive.

The universe is pretty bent as it is.

Something something something dark energy.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
...Also, Fusion plant takes very little power to run. The heat rays are a big chunk of it, and they're just 2 MW each. Even running all 4 and you're just looking at 8 MW. ( Note though that at this rate, you're looking at easily 30 minutes to start it up. ) The solenoid is the biggest, at 8 MW, but you only need 1. Then, I'm running 4 Van De Graaffs on the Toroids at 8MW each. Finally, 4 Van De Graaffs running 64KW each for the conductive pipes. That's a grand total of just over 48MW. By the time you have the resources for this, 48MW should be trivial. Then, you get around 2,000 times that out. ( It uses extremely little fuel btw, which is also pretty easy to get. )...

Blah. Mixed up my pre and post-experimentation numbers. It's actually a lot less than that.

Solenoid stays the same. 8 MW ( 256 r/s 32,768 NM )
Toroid Magnet VDGs: 131.072 KW each ( 16 r/s 8,192 NM. Not sure if this would be more efficient keeping torque and speed closer, it was already so little I didn't bother testing more. )
Containment Pipe VDGs: 32 KW each ( 4 r/s 8,192 NM. Same as Toroids, might be able to get these lower, but I didn't bother. )
Heat Ray: 2 MW each ( 1,024 r/s 2,048 NM. Keeping these close together did indeed help, similar to the Friction Heater. )

That's a new total of 17,432,576 W of power, versus the old ~48MW.

I'm sure everyone can agree that 17MW of power isn't much for post nuclear reactor power. That being said, you do have to run about half of that for awhile before you can start getting power out of the reactor.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Blah. Mixed up my pre and post-experimentation numbers. It's actually a lot less than that.

Solenoid stays the same. 8 MW ( 256 r/s 32,768 NM )
Toroid Magnet VDGs: 131.072 KW each ( 16 r/s 8,192 NM. Not sure if this would be more efficient keeping torque and speed closer, it was already so little I didn't bother testing more. )
Containment Pipe VDGs: 32 KW each ( 4 r/s 8,192 NM. Same as Toroids, might be able to get these lower, but I didn't bother. )
Heat Ray: 2 MW each ( 1,024 r/s 2,048 NM. Keeping these close together did indeed help, similar to the Friction Heater. )

That's a new total of 17,432,576 W of power, versus the old ~48MW.

I'm sure everyone can agree that 17MW of power isn't much for post nuclear reactor power. That being said, you do have to run about half of that for awhile before you can start getting power out of the reactor.
Agreed; 17MW is chump change.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
I would use big reactors, coz its like 11938747272x easier to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I would use big reactors, coz its like 11938747272x easier to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though I agree with @psp and @pizzawolf14 Elmazz does have a point. If you want a load of RF for minimal effort, Big Reactors is the superior choice but only for those who get headaches while doing simple math or just thinking in general.
If you want the most power you could possibly attain and don't mind using your brain or grinding through RotaryCraft then ReactorCraft is superior.