BigReactors Coolant - Fill or Flow?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

Quick question for anyone who knows the inner-workings of BigReactors since their wiki is not clear on this:

When it comes to filling a reactor with some form of fluid coolant - does it make any difference if you "Fill" or "Flow"?

Fill = every open spot in the reactor is a source block.
Flow = put a source block along the top ring of the reactor, and let it flow through the chamber.

Thanks!

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I am not 100% sure but when I was playing with it on my 1.5.2 SMP I always filled it. Back than Bigreactors was only in alpha.

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try that out to see if there's a difference. I have a 6-core reactor that currently has ender just along the top layer and it produces 1500 RF/t at full crank. I'll fill it up and see if it makes a difference.

Most difficult part of filling a reactor with ender is if you slip and fall - you're suddenly somewhere else. :)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I use the TE cryo fluid, and have filled it. Didn't think about just the top layer!

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try that out to see if there's a difference. I have a 6-core reactor that currently has ender just along the top layer and it produces 1500 RF/t at full crank. I'll fill it up and see if it makes a difference.

Most difficult part of filling a reactor with ender is if you slip and fall - you're suddenly somewhere else. :)

Flood gate anyone?