Big Reactors: Turbine setups

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone has a turbine setup that could generate a good amount of RF. I'm not using a BR for steam FYI, I'm using steam boilers. Also, I have enough resources to make around 35 ludicrite blocks and I also have 29 enderium blocks.
If someone could also provide a world download that would be nice as well. I don't want to make it too too big because of how it can be resource intensive. (I have the materials for plenty of ludicrite blocks, don't have nearly enough shiny metal.)
Thanks in advance.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
A max enderium turbine needs 34 blocks I believe. It will put out 24K rf/t. YouTube big reactor turbines and you will find everything you need to know.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
A max enderium turbine needs 34 blocks I believe. It will put out 24K rf/t. YouTube big reactor turbines and you will find everything you need to know.
I have been searching YouTube for the past half hour. I have seen plenty of tutorials, but I'm still kinda lost with how to actually build an efficient turbine. I've seen the video by The Mindcrafters and their 24k/t reactor, but I can't find a world download anywhere for it so I can "import it" into my world via BC.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
This tutorial will tell you everything you need to know. My opinion, just handing it to you as a world gen is not doing you any favors.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Max sized Reactor's Ludicrite coil is 32 blocks. Stock Infinity configs produces a touch over 28krf/t.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Could I replace the enderium blocks used in this tut with ludicrite ones?

Well yes, but it will use a different number of blocks as Inaeo stated above, 32. Each material is rated differently. The lower tier = more blocks and less power

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm partial to a 5x5x7 with 16 blocks of coil. The one I'm using in Monster has gold blocks and produces about 2k RF/t with 255 mb/t. (I could go faster if I had more steam going in, but it's already more power than I'm using.) That runs off a single max size Railcraft Boiler.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I'm partial to a 5x5x7 with 16 blocks of coil. The one I'm using in Monster has gold blocks and produces about 2k RF/t with 255 mb/t. (I could go faster if I had more steam going in, but it's already more power than I'm using.) That runs off a single max size Railcraft Boiler.
My base needs at least 33k RF/tick in order for all the machines set up for auto crafting to have enough power lol. I'll probably just build four of the turbines and go up and build more as needed.

Last edited:
R

robotGamer

You can use this to figure out the different sizes of Enderium turbines(at least full size coils):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TUxOUGxMRlpERWtPMmtGT213bmc&usp=sharing#gid=1
Helps you match the steam output of the boilers to the turbines, since the max size turbine probably wont line up with a number of boilers.
hello good sir I found your chart very helpful and created my turbine based on the info provided in it, Ive noticed that some of the higher level turbines require steam over 2000 mb/t how do you achieve this ? Ive tried putting multiple fluid ports into the same turbine and cant seem to get and more then 2000 mb/t . Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So far as I know, the max any Turbine will consume is 2000mb/t. Any design which could consume more than that will cap at that limit, and should be considered theoretical.

Edit: If you are producing more than 2000mb/t steam, build additional turbines.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
hello good sir I found your chart very helpful and created my turbine based on the info provided in it, Ive noticed that some of the higher level turbines require steam over 2000 mb/t how do you achieve this ? Ive tried putting multiple fluid ports into the same turbine and cant seem to get and more then 2000 mb/t . Thank you in advance for any help you can provide
The turbines on that spreadsheet which seem to use more than 2000mb/t (marked in red) are not actually achievable. I suspect the list is generated from some formula or approximation and then just copy pasted for each material.