Big Reactors : Smallest self sustaining?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Now there is a thought: Can you use 1 output and 1 input port on the reactor, but (for example) 1 tesseract on each turbine coolant input tuned to the same frequency as the reactor's output tesseract? i.e. it divides the steam equally amongst each?
I checked my Agrarian Skies world, and that was actually what I did. Two tesseracts for in/out on the reactor and two for in/out on each turbine. It works.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So values are consistent as long as I have fuel in the buffer.

Hrm, does anyone know what the redstone port '% energy' represents when running in active mode? I was hoping to use it to compensate for the efficiency change, but it looks like it is just signalling all the time.
Its probably telling you how much power is in the internal buffer of the reactor.

Use a redstone wire that tells you the signal strength (such as vanilla redstone dust if necessary, combined with WAILA). It might be outputting a 0-15 signal that scales with the percentage-filled of the buffer.

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. So I tried building a small reactor/turbine combo and linked them up with fluid ducts, but am getting way less extraction then predicted. The only documentation I could find said 160mb/t per connection. But with two ports and resonant servos in both, I am only getting 120mb/t. I hope teamcofh introduce some higher tier fluiducts, there is just something unsatisfying about tessarats.

DrKnoz

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. So I tried building a small reactor/turbine combo and linked them up with fluid ducts, but am getting way less extraction then predicted. The only documentation I could find said 160mb/t per connection. But with two ports and resonant servos in both, I am only getting 120mb/t. I hope teamcofh introduce some higher tier fluiducts, there is just something unsatisfying about tessarats.

Had the same problems. If you have ExtraUtilities - use fluid transfer node(= ExtraUtilities Pump) and transfer pipes. Add speed upgrades to the transfer node until it keeps up.
I am currently in the process of replacing a lot of TE ductwork with EU transfer systems. Faster and seemingly less laggy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I know. If you read this: nice way to shoot yourself in the foot, Pyure. Would've been nice if it had been only *your* foot. :p
I'm embarrassed to say it never even hurt my foot; I had already stopped using the mods for integration reasons.

I honestly think the lubricant requirement is a good idea, but the sheer amount required seems a bit excessive.

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same problems. If you have ExtraUtilities - use fluid transfer node(= ExtraUtilities Pump) and transfer pipes. Add speed upgrades to the transfer node until it keeps up.
I am currently in the process of replacing a lot of TE ductwork with EU transfer systems. Faster and seemingly less laggy.

In my creative world that is exactly what I did, but for whatever reason I dislike using EU pipes in my survival world. Something about 'stacks of upgrades' feels unfun tedious.

And I admit on an aesthetic level, TE and BC pipes are still the most fun.

DrKnoz

Jul 29, 2019
Nahh, crafting 64 is but little more work than crafting one. You do need a lot of gold and redstone, though

neeneko

Jul 29, 2019
Nahh, crafting 64 is but little more work than crafting one. You do need a lot of gold and redstone, though

True, it is not that much more work, but at least in creative I needed something like 4 stacks of 64, and for a pipe that does not even provide nice visuals it seems really expensive. For that price I might as just use tesseracts and then cheat with some waterproof pipe filled with steam between them ^_^