Big Reactors dont like IC2 uranium

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
So my issue is simple how does one in FTB Monster use radioactive bees to fuel a Big Reactor. Ive read people switching between uranium and yellorium via the oredict but that doesnt seem to be something thats possible in 1.1.1 (I thought it was back in earlier versions). I can see when pressing "U" over yellorium ingots that purified crushed urnaium ore is somehow linked to uranium ingots but I can do no switching using a unifier or other oredict blocks. Ive also tried JABBA to no avail.

Anyone have any neat tricks or config changes that would help me here.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If you get the uranium processed into it's ingot form, you should be able to put that into a big reactor instead of yellorium ingots (no conversion necessary). I'm not using any of the mods that add uranium, so I can't confirm, but the big reactor's config has an option to accept other mod's versions of uranium.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
its the ic2 uranium you get from bees, the dirty crushed ore, that can only be washed (to get the purified version) or centrifuged to get uranium 235 and 238, I dont see a way of getting ingots in any way from this type of uranium...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you get the uranium processed into it's ingot form, you should be able to put that into a big reactor instead of yellorium ingots (no conversion necessary). I'm not using any of the mods that add uranium, so I can't confirm, but the big reactor's config has an option to accept other mod's versions of uranium.
There is no such thing as Uranium Ingots from IC2E any more which is why it is not possible to "Forge dictionary" it with Yellorium and all the ReactorCraft ingots. It is now a more complex process of enriching the Uranium and there is really no obvious point where you would say that it makes sense to ore dictionary it with the other ingots. Ore is processes into U235 and U238 which is combined to enriched fuel which is then added to Fuel rods.

It is true that for some reason somewhere in the NEI it seems to think the Purified Crushed Uranium ore is equivalent to Yellorium etc. But think that is a bug, for me it shows stuff like 32 pages in the Ore Dictionary section of the ore being equivalent to the ore itself(not normal).

Would also kinda undermine the whole need for the enriching setup from IC2E and the severity if the radioactivity of you could just use a stack of Yellorium instead and just before the reactor use a Unifier to swap it over. So might be intentional that it is not listed with the rest of the "uranium equivalents".

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i get the pages of oredict stuff to.

ok so the radioactive bee is really IC2 only bee then. Might see if Binnie would make this configurable or add another bee as i have no interest in IC2 but love bees so hate seeing a species wasted. (IMO)

I have thought about minetweaking it tbh....

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

ok so the radioactive bee is really IC2 only bee then. Might see if Binnie would make this configurable or add another bee as i have no interest in IC2 but love bees so hate seeing a species wasted. (IMO)

It takes time, but if Forestry/ExtraBees/trees survives to 1.7 I am sure we will see Yellorium bees eventually.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019

reactorcraft will accept the crushed purified ore in its uranium processor.
other than that, IC2 uranium is IC2 ONLY, you can sorta convert into it, but cant convert BACK.
which ticked me off when pitchblende ingots craft into IC2 blocks, which decraft into IC2 U238, which is almost useless.
and did I mention this was an AE autocraft, so I lost a few THOSAND valuable ingots?

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
oof thats rough, I saw theres a bug report for Monster regarding that issue.

Does the bee vanish if you disable IC2? im pretty sure it will. Think minetweaker might be my only hope in this pack.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If you have to hack it with minetweaker anyway, can you make the bees drop tiny piles of pulverized yellorium? It doesn't matter to me, as I've disabled Forestry & all it's add-ons in addition to IC2Exp (among several others) from the DW20 pack I'm currently playing.

Reactions: RedBoss

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
So turns out minetweakers forestry centrifuge code is broken. So ive fixed it and had my pull request merged. Now waiting for a new build by the author. Hopefully I can then use it to make the comb drop yellorite dust. If not ill do some conversion recipe for the ic2 stuff. All this so I can use bees....I might have a problem lol

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
According to mine, if you throw Uranium ore into a TE3 Induction Smelter, it'll turn into Yellorite Ingots.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
That's for ore. This is from bees that drop the crushed ore not the block. No way to craft that stuff back to the ore though.

Ill fix it with minetweaker once my fix is released in the next build of it.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
That's for ore. This is from bees that drop the crushed ore not the block. No way to craft that stuff back to the ore though.

Ill fix it with minetweaker once my fix is released in the next build of it.

i think mechanism can stuff stuff back to ore state. not sure if its works for that.