Big Reactors Cooling

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

ThunderMine

I have no idea why it's only making this little, baffles me, neither can I find out.

Attachments

• 2017-10-20_23.06.55.png
    2017-10-20_23.06.55.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 53

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So, first and foremost your new and it is considered bad form to resurrect an old thread to ask a simple question. That said your issue is that you have included fluid ports in your reactor. Remove them and replace them with casing materials. Those ports cause the reactor to produce steam not RF. They are meant to be used with the Big Reactor turbines to produce even more power at greater efficiency.

T

ThunderMine

I asked why I made so little steam, do you think I'd have that good of a reactor, a turbine and not know that I'd done it?
And secondly, this is a forum about feckin' FTB, I couldn't give a shite.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Okay, tone it down a little please, I'm just trying to help. I made an incorrect assumption and thought you were trying to produce RF and your original post doesn't actually mention what you are trying to do. That said let's see if we can help you. The only pic you provided is of the reactor panel and it shows no water or steam in the reactor. Can you provide some more about how you are getting water into the system? And some more of the turbine connections the turbines control panel.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, going off the information you provided, my first assumption would be lack of water. Without seeing the rest of the system, it's hard to troubleshoot the exact issue. More information is needed.

I will say, most pipes can't handle the capacity of fluids involved with Big/Extreme Reactors setups. You either want the Reactor and Turbine adjacent, with fluid ports touching and correctly configured, or a limitless piping solution. Once you have the system completely filled, you should be able to close the loop, and never worry about it again, but note that some pipes keep a bit of fluid in them, which also need to be filled before the system will close efficiently.

Reactions: Henry Link
T

ThunderMine

Here you go, and the fluiducts are flux-plated with flux connected to with two tanks that keep the steam and water but it just does not change to more than 120mb/t of steam whatever I do.
upload_2017-10-21_19-4-49.png

T

ThunderMine

I added another Coolant port on the reactor and I got another 120mb/t

Isn't it stupid to have 20 coolant ports?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, pipe throughput is your limiting factor here. Fluiducts, much like most liquid transport systems, have a cap per connection (120mb/t, in your case). This means you either need a boatload more connections, or a bigger pipe.

The Super-Laminar Fluiducts have no limit to throughput, and are one of a few piping solutions that can manage the level of throughput needed in a single connection.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
How do I pressurize the super-laminar pipes?
I'm not certain what you mean by "pressurize.". Check NEI for the needed recipe for building the ducts, and after that they should work by simply attaching them to the ports.

T

ThunderMine

Nvm, I pressurised it. It's all fine now but it still just makes 240mb/t on the one coolant port, I removed the redundant ones

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to hear. I should mention that your initial posts were abrasive enough that I considered not helping at all. Since @Henry Link was nice enough to blow off the aggression and keep trying to help, I figured I would too. A civil tone can get you much further in life, Minecraft or elsewhere.

Happy Mining.

T

ThunderMine

I'm sorry, I've been at this for hours, but now it works and everything's jolly good :D