Big Reactor ate my yellorium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm new to the big reactors. I just made one, and I tried it out, got a huge amount of RF, then I shut it off.
I come back way later, and it's still off, but ALL my yellorium is gone... Probably about three stacks worth...
Why did it do this? Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen?
Thanks

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
If it was really big, it may have used up that yellorium just to fill itself.
I fill it up first, then made sure there was a full stack in the access port. It literally chewed through about 3 stacks, without giving any energy, or even being turned on.
My first guess would be, don't build it over chunk boundaries.
Really!? It actually affects it like that! That sucks... Well thanks for the info, that might be it then. Guess I have to rebuild my entire powerplant now. Thanks for the help.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I fill it up first, then made sure there was a full stack in the access port. It literally chewed through about 3 stacks, without giving any energy, or even being turned on.

Really!? It actually affects it like that! That sucks... Well thanks for the info, that might be it then. Guess I have to rebuild my entire powerplant now. Thanks for the help.

Well, it "shouldn't" effect it. But Big Reactors - indeed any multiblock - has to dynamically disassemble / re-assemble if it spans chunk boundaries and some of the chunks become unloaded and/or are reloaded. And this can be a source of bugs.