Big Reactor .3 Turbines

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
It produces far more steam with the Ender then without and with the proper space between the fuel rods. I honestly can't explain it. You'd think that the opposite but its not. It only outputs steam in active reactor, no RF at all. A single small reactor like the above Middle one of the picture is capable of powering 2 of the largest turbines possible, making it a single block taller it can do nearly 3 turbines at 2000 mb/t each. They output massive steam. The current Reactor I'm using at the moment is a 6 rod version of that with the same length and height and its easily powering 4 of those large turbines with excess.

Think of it this way, the liquid ender has a higher heat capacity that it draws out of the yellorium rods. This higher density fluid is then able to pass on this higher magnitude of total heat to the water creating more steam. Or think of it this way, if you're feeling really hot, the air doesnt cool you down as much as water does. Water is better able to absorb the heat than the air is. Liquid ender is then better able to absorb heat than water is.

Reactions: PierceSG

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Using "Only" TE3 and BR - It takes a buttload of aqueous accumulators to get enough water to drive a water cooled reactor and turbine. Thankfully the turbine can have an coolant output port that can be used to pump condensed water back to the reactor, and that flow rate is quite decent.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Using "Only" TE3 and BR - It takes a buttload of aqueous accumulators to get enough water to drive a water cooled reactor and turbine. Thankfully the turbine can have an coolant output port that can be used to pump condensed water back to the reactor, and that flow rate is quite decent.
Yah, because of that I consider ExtraUtil to be a flat out requirement now for using the BR+Turbine system. Using Aqueous Accumulators works for the smaller reactors if you want a entire field of them but its a complete mess and a waste of cpu for trying to water larger ones.

beewyka819

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is old, but since in 1.7.10 BR has Ludicrite which is the best for coils, I assume this means its better to replace the enderium in your design with Ludicrite?