Big decision time... Start again without Biomes O Plenty?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I love Biome's O Plenty, it's one of the mods I leave for Mystcraft. IE, I turn it on, and then use default generation and let Mystcraft build BoP worlds. That way I get all the benefits without the hazards. I definitely want to try out Highlands, if only for Flying Mountains.
This.
I learned it in a hard way. My current world has no Magical Forest thus no Greatwood (Found Silver wood in Ominous Woods), and border of biomes always a sharp cut aligned with chunk borders.

TLDR, use default world type and with added biomes to default world gen option on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I think BoP is great, but has a lot of lame biomes that I felt the need to disable. If i really feel the need to make them up, I will make a mystcraft age. In fact I went out of my way to make the fewest number of biomes so I wouldnt completely miss out on vanilla biomes.

I got tired of building in easy flat plains biomes. I have them nearby, but I like the challenge of building with the materials from that biome and under the difficulties associated with its geometry. That's why I choose to build in a canyon. It has interesting geometry for me to view and a nice little river that cuts through it.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have decided to really start working with the filler machine.

I have about 20 million dirt in my storage facility, I didn't know this but you can get it to fill in ravines, if you can feed it enough dirt :)

So I think I can now modify large sections of landscape with this machine, previously I've used it to build boxy buildings.

-Wuffle