Beware the spectral bee's Reanimation effect.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
ROTFLMAO !

This is the funniest MC story I've heard in a while. Well told and very good to know !

I've been wondering the same thing myself, but hadn't gotten around to Spectral Bees.

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Psst. No one tell Sengir cause he may nerf this awesome method of getting MOAR BONNEEZZZZZ.

With Looting III on a sword, I turned one 1 rotten flesh into 25 rotten fleshes in about 6 seconds. OP output even though it requires manual killing.

P.S. Just tried the spectral bee in the nether with a necrotic bone....no luck. Boooo. lol.

Try coal maybe ?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
P.S. Just tried the spectral bee in the nether with a necrotic bone....no luck. Boooo. lol.

I'd try using normal bone in a nether. I haven't tested how bees spawn enemies, but if it works like normal spawning, then this should work. Basically when skeleton spawns if it is in nether it will become wither skeleton with high probability.

Reactions: PoisonWolf

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'd try using normal bone in a nether. I haven't tested how bees spawn enemies, but if it works like normal spawning, then this should work. Basically when skeleton spawns if it is in nether it will become wither skeleton with high probability.

HOLY CUPCAKES.

IT WORKS! NECROTIC BONNESSS YYEEAHHHH!!!!!! It's all Wither skeletons!!! Not a single normal skeleton! Yes!

EDIT: It's mostly* wither skeletons! I got 2 skulls under 2 minutes. =D

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not even sure you can stop this on a server since the bee is not owned/crafted if its all done via automation. I'd really hate to have someone go crazy with this and have to ban bees completely on my server.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Psst. No one tell Sengir cause he may nerf this awesome method of getting MOAR BONNEEZZZZZ.

With Looting III on a sword, I turned one 1 rotten flesh into 25 rotten fleshes in about 6 seconds. OP output even though it requires manual killing.

No need for manual killing. Use a Sword of the Condor for AoE damage together with a Deployer for automation. Bam, exponential skeleton singularity, and server crash guaranteed.

Gotissues

Jul 29, 2019
No need for manual killing. Use a Sword of the Condor for AoE damage together with a Deployer for automation. Bam, exponential skeleton singularity, and server crash guaranteed.

Even better tryed this myself is to set up a wall of 5-10 portal turrets
With some luck just chuck in a bone and the chain reaction starts.

PS. DONT, no really dont ever use a holy handgrenade on a mod of skeletons it gets out of control fast, slowed my computer to a crawl :p

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone with powerful hardware test to see if this can crash a minecraft server? I wonder how the game holds up once the entity count gets up to 10k.

I'm genuinely curious if the server will crash, and if yes, how fast it crashes.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone with powerful hardware test to see if this can crash a minecraft server? I wonder how the game holds up once the entity count gets up to 10k.

I'm genuinely curious if the server will crash, and if yes, how fast it crashes.

it will crash once the entity count floods the memory allocation of the server. how fast is dependent on how much memory the server has. clients will be tossed out before that happens tho. this is much worse than even a broken quarry tho, since it's exponential growth until ragnarok