Beta Launcher Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrandar

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings :)
I thought I would try the FTB Beta Launcher whilst I had nothing else to do; I understand that it's still in a "test" stage and that there will be problems so I thought I would share some of the problems I have personally experienced with the Beta Launcher so far. If I'm posting in the wrong place or if these problems are already known I apologise; I genuinely did try searching to see if anyone else had posted these problems but after 20 minutes or so of searching I didn't find anything.
Regardless = here's my problems.
1) I use Windows 7 64 bit. OBVIOUSLY I have Java 64 bit.. OBVIOUSLY I have it because I can use "Far" render distance quite easily without any problems. However when I use the Beta FTB launcher it claims I only have 32 bit.
2) I attempted to use a Texture Pack ((Sphax)) but when I loaded a new world, my FPS dropped to 0. Admittedly I don't have the best PC ever; However when playing vanilla SMP Minecraft I have around 50 FPS and that's with a HD TP ((Soartex))
3) Even without using a TP my FPS was still rather low - around 10 to 20 FPS.
4) I saw some really strange terrain formation. Now .. I freely admit that the terrain generation could easily be one of the new biomes introduced with ExtraBiomes, however I spawned in a Jungle biome..so I'm not sure about this but thought I would mention it anyway.
FTBTest01.png

this is what the water in the jungle looked like - very strange indeed.
FTBTest02.png

And this village is smack bang in the middle of the jungle - I'm fairly certain this isn't a new feature of vanilla minecraft - as many of the houses had leaf blocks and vines inside. Could be part of a mod or it could be an error.

Other strangeness included this:
FTBTest03.png

Yeah - those are Grass Blocks at Y11 :p

I'm a mature, responsible adult; I'm not the sort of person to troll or fake something; I assure you these images are genuine. I admit using NEI to enter Creative Mode to take the earlier screenshots but as I was testing the launcher out rather than "using it for real" I don't consider it cheating.
Again if these problems have already been discussed I can only offer my heartfelt apologies - I sincerely hope you take this statement into account when replying to this post; Many thanks for taking the time to read this.
All the best - Zyrandar :)

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
The river filled with grass is probably a swampland biome (I think thats what its called) everything else is really weird, post something here github.com/slowpoke101/ftblaunch/issues
Not related to bugs, you should check out that building in the top left of the village picture if you haven't already :)

chaossdragon

Jul 29, 2019
its called Marsh. it sucks! its a 5-6 chunk wide strip and affects all water blocks from surface down to bedrock, even lava is messed up.

Zyrandar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback - appreciate it :)
Still having the java 32 bug and FPS issues :(
However - no offence guys but I'm going to dispute the "new biome" explanation: The reason being: New biomes from ExtraBiomes were quite clearly identified when I pressed "F3". For example not far from the Jungle biome I also encountered a "Meadow" biome and a "Savannah" biome. The strange water generation featured in my first screenshot was identified in F3 as a "river" and later on I saw the same terrain generation which was identified as "Forest" - also my third screenshot with the lava claims I'm in "JungleHills" - I'm not hating on you guys or anything - if you say it's swampland then it's swampland. I've never used ExtraBiomes as a mod on it's own so I'm certainly not claiming you're completely wrong or anything; It could be derpy world generation or it could simply be a case of me misinterpreting the available data.
Again thank you for your responses :)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Water and grass are both from the fact the biome is a Marsh biome (extra biomes XL).
Don't be shocked even if you find some unnatural water flows (like the 7 and 8th tiles, but no source or anything else like that) in caves in these biomes, they seem a little broken at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.