Best way to move MJ between ages.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the best way to move power from my power room to the age that my bees are in? Tried a redstone energy cell with block breakers and ender chests but forgot that I have to shift right click to remove the cell and keep the power and deployers cant seem to shift right click... any other ideas?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Engineering turtles work; but you could also melt down cobblestone into lava, transport that lava between dimensions (liquid transposer + enderchest or railcraft tank cart + portal), and use it to fuel magmatic engines on the other side.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, energy cells and engineering turtles makes it so that you don't need a power plant in the age where you need the power, but it is a bit tricky to do it right.
I suggest the use of RP filters to filter empty cells and send them to the turtle.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to create a mining age and I think I will go with magmatic engines for bc power.

I already have a liquid transposer setup in the nether (hint: you can use aluminum from xycraft to make cells), so I have more lava than I can ever use, and it's fairly easy and cheap to set up...

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I got it after taking a crash course in Lua and watching Direwolf (he is one smart geek). So if anyone cares heres a screenshot

TG9J5fA.png

fliters, transposers, deployers, gate reader engineering turtles, redstone energy cells and enderchests.... took me a bit to sort out but works well.

thanks peeps :)

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Not on my computer at the moment but will later :). How do I do spoiler tag, quote things?

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
The code I use is:

Code:
m = peripheral.wrap("right")

data = m.get(front)

function power()
  check()
  sleep(.1)
end

function check()
  if data["Full Energy"] == true then
--change to "No Energy" for the other turtle
    turtle.dig() else
    sleep(2)
  end
  data = m.get("front")
end

while true do
  power()
end

Now please realise that I am useless at Lua (this is my second set of code) and so probably has a few (many) mistakes in it or can be done simpler. This is the code from the turtle that gets the "Full Energy" redstone cell, the one that gets the "No Energy" redstone cell is a little different and I have thrown that bit into the code.

The turtles I have used are Gate Reader Engineering Turtles. The require a gate reader to make. The problem is that you have to get both the programs running when you log in or if they are un chunk loaded. I think I would like to use a seperate gate reader and put a wireless modem on the turtles to start them up from my base but do not know the code to do that yet.

In the picture it goes.... redstone cell > turtle > transposer > ender chest > filter (reads the cells if they are empty or full) > deployer. The timer is on a 2 sec setup., not that it matters.

Its not the most compact, I think you could fit the timer in between the tubes and make them redstone tubes so that you could remove the wiring.

:)