Best way to make Advanced Hybrid Solars

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dazz_Darkstorm

Jul 29, 2019
I cuurently have 40 Hybrid Solar Panels on the roof of my house and I am looking to slowly upgrade them to the Advanced Hybrid ones. I just noticed today when trying to upgrade one that you needed an advanced solar panel and the other mats to upgrade it to the Adv Hyrbid and not 1xHybrid and the mats which is what I first thought it was. So Im now wondering what the most efficient way is to make Advanced Hybrids if I already have Hybrids.

Ill turn my hybrids into the advanced ones with 8 of them per time I think. Then Im wondering what is the most efficient way to make the rest. Is it from using 8 Hybrids + 1 Advanced circuit or the other recipe which is 1 Advanced + coal chunks + mats inc iridium etc ?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify, are you talking about ultimate hybrids, and hybrids?

If so, the way to go with 8 hybrids + circuit is the more expensive route, by one circuit.
the actual solar panel parts are exactly the same cost for 8 hybrids or for one ultimate.

The thing is, if you're waiting on materials, you're better off going to hybrids first, and then combining 8 of them for an ultimate, because they're producing energy while you're waiting for the materials to be gathered. If you have the materials on hand, you might as well go forth and make an ultimate straight out.

EDIT: Forgot to factor in the seven extra advanced solars to the cost of the 8 hybrids for one ultimate recipe.
Thanks for the below replies.

Dazz_Darkstorm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have the hybrids already as I thought the recipe for ultimate hybrids included the Hybrid but it doesnt, its the advanced solar. I didnt see this until I tried to make one :p So I have 40 Hybrids and going to slowly upgrade them to Ultimate Hyrbids. My goal is to get 40 of those for all my power needs. I am slowly gathering the mats for them now and my Hybrids are powering my Fabricator for this purpose. So Im slowly upgrading them and was just wondering the best route to go. And you say they are exactly the same, so I guess either way is fine then, Ill probrably combine my 40 hyrbids into ultimates and then make the rest with Advanced+mats. Thanks for the reply :)

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
The most efficient recipe in terms of resource cost is to go directly from advanced solars to ultimates.

Going from advanced to hybrids to ultimates is more costly (you have to make seven more advanced solars, for starters!), but your EU production will ramp up faster.

If you can afford it, it may be best to use hybrids until your first few ultimates are online, then from then on stop making hybrids and jump straight from advanced to ultimate.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
If you can afford it, it may be best to use hybrids until your first few ultimates are online, then from then on stop making hybrids and jump straight from advanced to ultimate.
Agree with this. You'll need hybrids at first because of the extra energy they produce while waiting for materials. But after you get 5-6 ultimate hybrids, the wait to get new materials isn't that long and you can just go from advanced to ultimate.