Best way to get industrial fertilizer for MFR tree farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MichaelAbbott

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering whether it's better to use animals for passive sewage production (I fear they may despawn on this server no matter what) into a composter for fertilizer or using the crafting recipe with a skeleton farm and cotton (?) for string and a wheat farm.
What would you guys recommend based on your previous experiences?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Cows work great. Mine have never despawned. One row of conveyor belts facing inward from the walls will also prevent any wall glitching. Stick a muffler block or two in the wall of the pen and you won't even hear them.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
If you upgrade your sewer you will make plenty of sewage to make plenty of fertilizer with a composter. I find that one group of animals in a pen can produce enough for several farms.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
If you upgrade your sewer you will make plenty of sewage to make plenty of fertilizer with a composter. I find that one group of animals in a pen can produce enough for several farms.

My experience with this is more mixed. It depends on the farms. Wheat farms take so much fertilizer that nothing seems to keep up. Tree farms, on the other hand, take practically nothing. A single composter kept full can keep up with probably 10 or 12 tree farms.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Xeno's Reliquary installed, I suggest ditching fertilizer altogether and using a few Lilypads of Fertility.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Nah- you need Xeno's Reliquary, Extra bees, Forestry and Gregtech

Breed up to ecstatic bees for redstone, then use the tome of the alkahest to transmute it into soulsand and dirt. Load the soulsand into Gregtech's centrifuge- producing saltpetre and sand [with coal dust and oil byproduct]. Theres a recipe for forestry fertiliser that uses saltpetre, dirt and sand- Which should work in the MFR machines.

Edit- and yes the oil byproduct can be refined into buildcraft fuel- giving more than enough energy to power everything via a few liquid boilers.

or you could just put forestry apitite in a pulveriser, then cut the byproduct with bonemeal. Whatver's fun ya'know