Best way to get a Silk Touch enchant in Monster?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I got Silk Touch on my QuarryPlus... thanks! Another question, this time on the PumpPlus. Here is what it says in the QuarryPlus wiki:
"You can get liquids if you place it next to MiningWellPlus or QuarryPlus.
At default, liquid is volatilized in re login.
Unbreaking Enchant produce working with less energy.
Fortune enchant produce drain bigger area liquids.
Silktouch enchant produce liquid is not volatilized in re login."

Two questions - apparently "Efficiency" enchant doesn't do anything for PumpPlus? And what does the odd wording about re login mean? Basically, the PumpPlus requires no power to operate? And any liquids it collects just magically go away without us having to do anything, unless you use Silk Touch and then you can pipe the fluids to a storage tank?
No there is no point to efficiency as the pump cannot work any faster than your quarry goes(it just sucks up the liquids as the quarry mining head comes by). It does require power however to work. 10MJ per source block pumped, 25MJ per frame part placed to "barrier" fluids from flowing into the quarry.

And no, liquids are always stored in the pump and will be output into tanks/whatever no matter what enchants the pump has.

As for the "volatilized" I have no idea. I think it is something arisen from the fact that the Quarry+ readme seems to have been google translated to English. My best guess would be that it refers to block updates. Without silk touch VERY large pools of fluids in the quarry might then update and flood into the adjacent parts on login. But with fortune the pump will deal with pools like MFR sludge, poo etc. in one pass, so never seen it happen.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks rhn, Johnny-On-The-Spot, as always. The man with the answers. :)

The word "volatilized" usually means you make a liquid go away. So the wiki is saying liquids "go away" or "evaporate" re login. Re login? When you break the machine, the liquids go away perhaps? Obviously I do NOT want to have to route fluids to storage tanks, I have all the fluids I need already, I just want them to go away when the Quarry does its thing.

vol·a·til·ize
cause (a substance) to evaporate or disperse in vapor

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks rhn, Johnny-On-The-Spot, as always. The man with the answers. :)

The word "volatilized" usually means you make a liquid go away. So the wiki is saying liquids "go away" or "evaporate" re login. Re login? When you break the machine, the liquids go away perhaps? Obviously I do NOT want to have to route fluids to storage tanks, I have all the fluids I need already, I just want them to go away when the Quarry does its thing.

vol·a·til·ize
cause (a substance) to evaporate or disperse in vapor
Yeah it could simply mean that any liquids stored in the pumps (large) buffer will go away during relogs without silk touch. But I don't see any point to builds storing the liquids in the pump anyway. If you want the liquids you pipe them out into a storage, if you don't you pipe them out into some kind of void.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've watched a few videos to get the hang of this new (for me) stuff, and in every one, nobody was pumping any fluids anywhere. They just plop the PumpPlus down on top of the QuarryPlus and forget about it from there, never mention it again. Left me a bit confused.

Having you say it has a "large buffer" was really what I needed to know. It's not like a 4000mb tank or anything like that, so that's good.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've watched a few videos to get the hang of this new (for me) stuff, and in every one, nobody was pumping any fluids anywhere. They just plop the PumpPlus down on top of the QuarryPlus and forget about it from there, never mention it again. Left me a bit confused.

Having you say it has a "large buffer" was really what I needed to know. It's not like a 4000mb tank or anything like that, so that's good.
I think it is like the Quarry+, it will just keep storing items(fluids) in itself (infinitely?) until an outlet is added. I don't know if it is a good idea to just have it store endless amounts of fluids though(and data). Probably best to let it pump it out into a void pipe/whatever if you don't want them.

I am personally importing it into my ME network, storing the useful and voiding the useless.