Best Start for Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cubz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm coming from an Ultimate Server, was wondering different opinions on getting to "END GAME"***.

"END GAME" = Self Sustaining Power, Bee Farm, ThaumCraft Master, SoulCages, (I'm not sure what else since GregTech is gone),
This is my idea of the fastest way to "END GAME" on Unleashed.

1. Mine till I have enough resources for a Turtle.
2. Setup Mutiple Turtles
3. Setup Powersource (Coal based to start?)
4. AE system with incoming Enderchests
???

So to the actual Question... What is the new powersupply for END GAME since fusion is gone? Other than Armor/Weps/Structure building what am i forgetting.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Solarcells, Nuclear, Steam? Instead of focus on one kind of powersupply then build all you can. Then you can use them as backup.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
My general route is route is
ae quartz grindstone-> pulverizers + powered furnaces + hobbyists/thermal expansion steam engines-> setup ae network as soon as I get the materials (hobbyists steam engines usually suffice for power)-> build base up a bit more while the machines process the tons upon tons of ores I gathered-> ???-> lp steam boiler (what, did you think I was gonna say profit?) -> MOAR machines from various mods (my current custom pack currently has gregtech, i havent updated in awhile) and power converters to power them -> at this point I hope that my uranite ore processing chain has made a few non-breeding enriched uraniums to start up a fission reactor from Atomic Science to power a mass fabricator (yes, I enable the recipe)-> modular power suits -> whatever

Note: I don't usually set up auto miners like quarries and factories to process whatever they dig up because in past worlds it made me get bored of the world much faster/instantly. Just my opinion though.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery is best non electrical start for ore doubling. It will not however do Thermal Expansion ores either by design or oversight. For those use factorization furnaces or a grindstone. Than you can work on building a power infrastructure with those :D

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I'm coming from an Ultimate Server, was wondering different opinions on getting to "END GAME"***.

"END GAME" = Self Sustaining Power, Bee Farm, ThaumCraft Master, SoulCages, (I'm not sure what else since GregTech is gone),
This is my idea of the fastest way to "END GAME" on Unleashed.

1. Mine till I have enough resources for a Turtle.
2. Setup Mutiple Turtles
3. Setup Powersource (Coal based to start?)
4. AE system with incoming Enderchests
???

So to the actual Question... What is the new powersupply for END GAME since fusion is gone? Other than Armor/Weps/Structure building what am i forgetting.

Since you defined end game, the only question left is indeed the power supply question. But with no Gregtech, I almost see no point at EU generation. Therefor it comes down to MJ generation. And that pretty much comes four sources. Coal, Lava, (bio)fuel, and EU (really circumspect way to generate MJs)

Personally I tend to not work towards any END GAME. I set myself restrictions and goals. And sometimes I even readjust them.

In my current Ultimate Server play, all MJ actually is generated through EU with 'massive banks' of Electrical Engines. The EU in it's turn is just generated by Thermal Generators. And the lava is provided by a mystcraft lava ocean age. (and it's actually boring me at that point).

Once I get Unleashed on a server, one of the options for improving my gameplay is going 'dwarf'. A set of restrictions, based on a bit of extremely casual RP-esque stuff. After a bit of a start-up grace period you disappear underground. Once you've headed underground, you will not voluntarily go out into the light. Nor stay longer than absolutely necessary under the open sky.

But that's just a long term set of restrictions. As a shorter term thing, you can decide that, for example, you want your power generation to use ... Golems. Or, if I could program turtles a bit better (but since you brought up the turtle miners), don't build liquiducts, liquid pipes, but instead, use Tank Turtles for all those tasks.

Minecraft is an open ended sandbox. Modded minecraft is even more so. There is no END GAME. There's only the point where you get bored.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
1. Go find somebody's base.

2. Steal everything.

3. Build an ultimate power suit.

4. Shoot a portal at the moon, then shoot a portal at the floor of their base.

5. Watch the destruction.

6. Make a twilight forest portal with the stolen diamonds and flowers.

7. Go mine for an hour.

8. Make a base, and set up a quarry.

End-game reached.

Reactions: Anubis and RedBoss

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Install new GT
Find iron
Plate bending machine
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
Something blows up
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
Finally have enough resources for a pulverizer cause everything in GT too expensive
?????
?????
?????
?????
Lightning rod + fusion
Profit

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery is best non electrical start for ore doubling. It will not however do Thermal Expansion ores either by design or oversight. For those use factorization furnaces or a grindstone. Than you can work on building a power infrastructure with those :D
Well, i personally can't stand the look of TE tin (i'm sorry lemmy D: I just can't), so i enable IC copper and tin generation instead. These work perfectly fine in the smeltery.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I never reached a point that I could call endgame. I usually either die and ragequit, get bored with the world, or the friggin world gets corrupted :mad:

Reactions: RedBoss

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Install new GT
Find iron
Plate bending machine
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
Something blows up
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
Finally have enough resources for a pulverizer cause everything in GT too expensive
?????
?????
?????
?????
Lightning rod + fusion
Profit

i thought it would be:
Install GT
Quit minecraft, because it wont load.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I quite enjoyed my start on the 1.5.2 beta pack (no GT). Beginning with a smeltery, which turned out to be effective and felt like you we're working for the doubling.

My first power came from force engines on liquid force, throttled with water, until I started milking cows (and worked out that you could milk them with cans).

After that, I moved my base, expanded the force engine setup, and automated the milking with a rancher. The force was still in cans until I set up liquids later on.

After that, I went through the nuclear power route for IC2 energy, starting with a basic 100EU/tick reactor, and attaching my new AE system to it. The processing went through the IC2 machines, so I started running through uranium quite quickly, so I started on biofuel and a steam boiler. 36HP and two turbines. The steam funnelled into a bank of engines until the MFSU dips too low, at which point the turbines kick in, and the reactor ticks on. Then added some MV panels to keep the MFSU topped off in all but the most dire of circumstances.

Then followed it up with the MFR laser for materials (it's rubbish for copper, but good for emeralds).

In addition to this, I also set up, at random points in my adventure:
- forestry farms (arboretum for saplings, orchard for seed oil)
- bees
- MFR spawners
- quarries
- MPS

Altogether, it was quite fun. Not sure I'll do the same again, but the smeltery is worthwhile, and the basic nuke is my favourite early IC2 power system.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I miss something in my way to start out, but for the moment its my plan on who to begin.

1. QuartzGrinder(manual)
2. manual mining/tree chopping until I got enought for a Generator, MFR Tree Farm ( 1 harvester, 1 Planter)
3. building up a self sustaining MFR Tree Farm with a furnace making wood to charcoal and burn this in the generator for the EU. Overflow to a chest so I have unlimited charcoal. ( not a lot but its just a question of time)
4. Once you have this you can slowly expend form this. But I feel MFR Tree Farms very strong for early-Mid game energie. Even without fertilizers. Once you get a emerald upgrade on planter and harvester you can easylie suppoort 6 or more 36 HP Boillers.

Note: Never tests this: Its the Idea I have for mt soon to start SSP world.