best rollback plugin?

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so what is everyones opinion on the best rollback plugin. Because i have been griefed twice since using prism and has not told me shit to who has done it.

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
LogBlock and Prism are two I recommend, but they do not log FTB Modpack block updates - yet?
So you need to disable new users using dangerous items, unless there's another protection method you use.

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
Logblock is crap from start. But people say prism works to log custom blocks but so far prism has failed to tell me who griefed me twice in a row.

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
Used LB for almost 1 1/2 years now, no problems.
I've tested both on MCPC+ and neither work, but have you tried CoreProtect?

Hint: It's just been rewritten, pretty much from the ground up.

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still looking for a good rollback system too that logs stuff from FTB like CC Turtles. Tried them all and none seem to log Turtles. (Prism, CoreProtect, Hawkeye, etc.)

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still looking for a good rollback system too that logs stuff from FTB like CC Turtles. Tried them all and none seem to log Turtles. (Prism, CoreProtect, Hawkeye, etc.)

I haven't found one yet. Best idea is to use a restriction plugin to stop new users griefing with them, or

If you're still running a Forge-based server, use MyTown protection.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
I can vouch for Prism working with most events with FTB ultimate. It records who places/ breaks modded blocks. Im not sure what your doing wrong, but if someone griefs you by destroying blocks it will log the player and the block ID. It logs all IDs regardless of being mod or vanilla. However, if the griefer uses an item such as a wand or the mining laser, to break things, it may not get logged. Or something might get logged, but it will be incomplete. Its up to you then to trawl through the logs and check player locations and certain times etc.

Ultimately, there is *no* logger that covers all modded events. I cannot stress this enough. Stuff like turtles, wands, custom containers do not get logged because they are highly custom events. The devs of these loggers would have to manually go through each mod and try and figure out how to track them, which is not easy at all. So dont hold your breath for a logger that logs all FTB events. If you know java, feel free to ask if the devs could use some help here.

Your best bet is to couple Prism, or MCPC+ patched LogBlock with a decent anti-grief plugin like coreprotect, GriefPrevention, or MyTown.

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, guys, I found that prism is only for bukkit, would it work with forge? I don't know if they are compatible

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, guys, I found that prism is only for bukkit, would it work with forge? I don't know if they are compatible

You need MCPC+ to allow Bukkit plugins to run on a Forge system.
Bear in mind that some actions are not tracked or tracked badly due to them being Forge-mod implemented.

MCPC+ Legacy can be found here. Make sure to TEST TEST TEST before using it.
Here's hoping we can move to MCPC+ builds soon, onwards to 1.5.2!

Wondrej

Jul 29, 2019
You need MCPC+ to allow Bukkit plugins to run on a Forge system.
Bear in mind that some actions are not tracked or tracked badly due to them being Forge-mod implemented.

MCPC+ Legacy can be found here. Make sure to TEST TEST TEST before using it.
Here's hoping we can move to MCPC+ builds soon, onwards to 1.5.2!

thanks a bunch, I had bukkit server before and only recently started toying with forge /ftb and its just pain.

Reactions: Blazstyn

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
I would reccomend using core protect in contention with grief prevention and hex restrict. Most people don't know about it, but hex restrictis an add on for grief prevention which stops certain items being used inside claims such as the mining laser and the various wrenches. Core protect is brilliant for blcok logging though it doesnt lognon vanilla events such as the mining laser or CC turtles, cureently they are the only two ways of griefing on my server so I restricted use of mining lasers to donators only, but with turtles, core protect offers a search button, so if someone uses one for the purpose of griefing, you can search for who placed a turtle in the area, it might not be as easy as the standard clicking, but its a really easy way to catch people out

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
Core protect with MCPC+ is THE rollback plugin, I highly recommend it:

thatll give you the gist.

this kid gets it - but seriously, been working with core protect since day one of my feed the beast and genuinely have gotten to a point of perfection.

One added bonus is that the search function is so customisable, you can edit the area, time frame, person or whole server, literally everything which has really helped me with catching those people who dupe using the arcane tables (as it requires repeatedly placing and breaking the block)

and as far as compatibility goes, i'm currently running the latest version of MCPC+ and aside from when I forget to turn mysql database on I have never had any issues