Best modpack for a noob

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You'll probably get a different answer from everyone you ask on here! :)

For my part, not knowing anything about your computer, I'd suggest something like FTB Lite 2 or 3; these are smaller packs, a bit more straightforward to start with, and easier on one's hardware. Plus it's pretty easy to add more mods if you want!

- GwnG

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ah! In that case, it looks like a lot of folks are playing Infinity; I have a friend who is enjoying DireWolf20's 1.7.10 pack too. TPPI (Test Pack Please Ignore) is a particularly large pack, but has some nice things in it from the looks of things too!

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
My computer is pretty good . I can allow up to 8 gb ram to minecraft . :)
Don't actually do that. At most allocate 4 GB, as any more than that and you will have significant lag. This has to do with how Java's garbage collection works and that is as much as I know, but there are plenty of threads out there that explain this.

Anyhow, on topic, as GWNG said, FTB Lite 3 for tech and Mage Quest for magic. MQ is actually intended to be a intro to magic pack with questlines that give you a step-by-step guide to the various magic mods and the alpha version of these quests is available for download if you manually select v1.0.4 of MQ in the launcher.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

StealthCommando

Jul 29, 2019
Don't actually do that. At most allocate 4 GB, as any more than that and you will have significant lag. This has to do with how Java's garbage collection works and that is as much as I know, but there are plenty of threads out there that explain this.
Ok then thanks . Regarding ftb lite . I looked through the mod list and I did not found Buildcraft and IC2 sooo yeah not taking that one . I am propably gonna go with infinity . Thanks :)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Just pick anything that isn't a themed map pack. Infinity should do you fine, but any allsorts pack should suit as they can be played at any pace.