Best MJ generation method?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Eeh, I've never personally used GT's fuel generators, so I'm not gonna pass judgment on 'em. Though, knowing GT, they're going to be an asston more expensive than a few BC refineries...that seems to be Greg's modus operandae.

General the way things work with Greg is that stuff starts more expensively, you build a machine or two, and suddenly things become free.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ah so he did upgrade it. We built one on advancing craft and it wasn't worth it, but that was months ago now.

The distillation tower I was using was far better than the Buildcraft refinery. It provides a superior power profit and works at roughly the same speed. The only major problem is oil can't be pumped in directly.

The additional EU profit from the extra glycerol making nitro diesel just improves the power profit.

I was powering 1200EU/t off that distillation tower. The issue with diesel generators is the EU per tick, not EU per bucket.

cybirmind

Jul 29, 2019
if you have railcraft and powerconverters, the best way to make mj is a machine i invented. use a railcraft turbine fill it with steam you make with a mj to steam converter. the turbine outputs eu so convert the out put back in to mj. use a energycell to control how much mj you put convert to steam. make ONLY 60mj worth of steam for the turbine. the turbine will output 82MJ/t thats 22mj/t more then you are using to run the machine.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Best MJ Generation method is to place MJ provider, give it its prerequisites and turn it on.