Best material to make a singularity with ME condenser?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi all. I'm trying to make two singularities for linking two distant ME networks. I'm currently crafting (with AE autocrafting) lots of stone slabs because with 3 smoothstone I can get 6 stone slabs which means more items that I can feed into the condenser. But are there other easy to automate recepies that one can use to generate more items out of a single block. I know that with the microblocks saw one can create tons of microblocks out of a single block but that's time consuming to do for about half a million blocks (to make two singularities, about 256000 blocks per singularity). Any other ideas?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Anything you can produce a lot of. Many people just use a cobble gen to feed it. Some feed their farm output. You could always set up a mfr tree farm to shear leaves. That will produce loss of blocks in a short amount of time.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Anything you can produce a lot of. Many people just use a cobble gen to feed it. Some feed their farm output. You could always set up a mfr tree farm to shear leaves. That will produce loss of blocks in a short amount of time.

Yes, I have 350K of smoothstone (from a borer machine) but I'm talking mostly of trying to get more items out of a single item (like making the slabs that I'm doing now) or using microblocks to get more value for your buck as it were :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah leaf blocks from an MFR farm(coupled with MFR fertilizer or other "bonemealing" means) or perhaps a melon farm(each melon drops many slices).

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Most bang for your buck: (without microblocks, beyond slabs) An mfr treefarm set to shear leaves. You can toss in the leaves, turn the logs into planks (bonus points for using a saw mill), and then those into slabs. Then again, a cobble gen may produce stone faster than the treefarm...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Producing cobblestone with an Igneous Extruder costs no energy whatsoever. Just set up a dozen of them. I think this is the most resource-efficient way to get the required items for the singularities. I propose not to store that much cobblestone in your ME system. Either use it or compress it. If you're going to craft the cobble into more items, use non-AE mechanisms. AE autocrafting costs energy.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
No barrels. If necessary, I'll be using a set of Factorization packagers to compress the cobble for easier storage. 300k cobble end up as....five blocks of "quintuple compressed cobblestone".

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So from what I understand of the OP, you want to connect two networks with a quantum link. Which means you only need to get a single singularity, rather than two since you convert a singularity into two entangled singularities. So a quarter of a million items instead of half a million. Hopefully that helps.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So from what I understand of the OP, you want to connect two networks with a quantum link. Which means you only need to get a single singularity, rather than two since you convert a singularity into two entangled singularities. So a quarter of a million items instead of half a million. Hopefully that helps.

Oh, I didn't know that! That's good to know. In any case in the future I'm probably going to want to expand my network even further so a second singularity wouldn't hurt.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
you could skip the singularity and use LP to connect your networks although you would not be able to access AE crafting

Reactions: ThomazM

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Extra utilities transfer nodes make a really fast cobble generator if you upgrade them fully with mining upgrades, though that does make them quite expensive.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Dont you get a lot of scaffolding for practically nothing? I havent made singularities yet but Id go to the twilight forest or jungle with a lumber axe, bring back tons of wood. Feed it to a sawmill and make lots of them.

Reactions: Padfoote