Best list of banned items for MindCrack ?

RustyDagger

Jul 29, 2019
most computercraft turtles can break blocks in protected land Its a good idea to block them all. maybe just bypass permissions for the trusted players.

also dont forget you can use the * to cover all the data values for a block ID.

May also want to mention the pack and version. you have some marked in that list that I have in my pack and are not blocked. that probably should be.

Mainly all your dupe entrys Any video proof of those?

marcusant

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't ban any items, I just use patches and plugins that prevent against abuse with the items

RustyDagger

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't ban any items, I just use patches and plugins that prevent against abuse with the items
Thats Fine for you But not all of us can write our own fixes nor take the time to update those fixes for every version of the mod. if you are writing fixes you should be submitting pull requests to have it included in the mod for every one to use.

things such as making computer craft turtles use a fake player for every thing. The real big issue is mods that change blocks with out creating any kind of event a plugin can catch. those mods really need to be using fake players with simple names ( WITH OUT SPACES IN THEM (Computer Craft I'm staring at you!) )

Most wand's are simply blocked from being crafted or held due to the buggy nature of preventing the click event.

marcusant

Jul 29, 2019
Thats Fine for you But not all of us can write our own fixes nor take the time to update those fixes for every version of the mod. if you are writing fixes you should be submitting pull requests to have it included in the mod for every one to use.

things such as making computer craft turtles use a fake player for every thing. The real big issue is mods that change blocks with out creating any kind of event a plugin can catch. those mods really need to be using fake players with simple names ( WITH OUT SPACES IN THEM (Computer Craft I'm staring at you!) )

Most wand's are simply blocked from being crafted or held due to the buggy nature of preventing the click event.

I use MyTown, ForgeEssentials, and TickThreading and all of my protections work fine, I just edited the MyTown config to disable griefing using certain mods (just changing some things from false to true).

Whenever I write a fix for anything, I usually send a pull request if it is an open source mod.

pirita

Jul 29, 2019
marcusant, How do you patch the plugins ? And what about the duplications of items ?

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on who is playing and what the server is about, I might ban Mining lasers and Frames, or nothing at all. Usually nothing at all, because Chaos makes me feel good :3

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
how do you ban these items exactly?

i would add the MFFS in general, caused some massive lags at our server.
also it happens sometimes that you can lock out yourself from the forcefield...its a little bit hard to break it then

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
TickThreading for dupes, as well as redpower2 tweaks, although TT might already cover those. Use bukkitforge or MCPC+ with Tekkit Restrict plugin for a great way to ban items. You can choose between crafting/ placing/ usage blocks, etc. Lots of flexibility. It also informs the user as to why they cannot use the item.

FYI, we have nothing banned on our server, and its not complete chaos. You just need a good anti-grief plugin and logger, and make players aware that they are being watched and will be prosecuted if they do anything terrible. Constant vigilance.

marcusant

Jul 29, 2019
TickThreading for dupes, as well as redpower2 tweaks, although TT might already cover those. Use bukkitforge or MCPC+ with Tekkit Restrict plugin for a great way to ban items. You can choose between crafting/ placing/ usage blocks, etc. Lots of flexibility. It also informs the user as to why they cannot use the item.

FYI, we have nothing banned on our server, and its not complete chaos. You just need a good anti-grief plugin and logger, and make players aware that they are being watched and will be prosecuted if they do anything terrible. Constant vigilance.
You don't need bukkit. ForgeEssentials and MyTown has the ability to do most of the things that you probably need.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need bukkit. ForgeEssentials and MyTown has the ability to do most of the things that you probably need.

Your are absolutely correct. In fact, I even used FE and MyTown for a while. They work great.

However, i switched to MCPC+ with bukkit plugins for a few reasons. The first is performance; MCPC+ has done amazing things. Players can now be in mutiple dimensions at once, i could increased server view/ render distance by 100%, exploration generating new chunks, dynmap, etc, with no lag. Before MCPC+ the server would have given us the finger and rolled over and died. Now, barely a hiccup.

The second reasons is that none of our players particularly like protection mods. There is no protection on the server. Hence the need for a very good player logger. Prism was the only plugin that works well with FTB, and it required BF or MCPC+. FE's logger is not up to scratch with logging everything, and its mysql data presentation is confusing for non-admin players to sift through. Now we have a web-ui for the player logger with excellent data presentation. If a player has questions, it is very easy to look it up.

Therfore, MCPC+ and Prism was the natural choice for our server if you dont really want protection. If you do want protection, then yeah, MyTown is brilliant :)

marcusant

Jul 29, 2019
Your are absolutely correct. In fact, I even used FE and MyTown for a while. They work great.

However, i switched to MCPC+ with bukkit plugins for a few reasons. The first is performance; MCPC+ has done amazing things. Players can now be in mutiple dimensions at once, i could increased server view/ render distance by 100%, exploration generating new chunks, dynmap, etc, with no lag. Before MCPC+ the server would have given us the finger and rolled over and died. Now, barely a hiccup.

The second reasons is that none of our players particularly like protection mods. There is no protection on the server. Hence the need for a very good player logger. Prism was the only plugin that works well with FTB, and it required BF or MCPC+. FE's logger is not up to scratch with logging everything, and its mysql data presentation is confusing for non-admin players to sift through. Now we have a web-ui for the player logger with excellent data presentation. If a player has questions, it is very easy to look it up.

Therfore, MCPC+ and Prism was the natural choice for our server if you dont really want protection. If you do want protection, then yeah, MyTown is brilliant :)
MyTown actually still works with MCPC+ installed, just not with ForgeEssentials.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
MyTown actually still works with MCPC+ installed, just not with ForgeEssentials.

Yep, i didnt make that clear. I recon atm the best anti-greif setup would be MCPC+/ FE, MyTown, AntiCheat, Prism, and Tekkit Restrict. Tested all these plugins and mods, and these are the most forge/ FTB friendly (with some configuration ofc) This way you get performance, anti cheat, anti xray, protection, rollback, logging, and item banning. Time to go public with the server :p