Best End-Game Mining Device?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't now why I want to build one, I already have copious amounts of materials. I want one so I don't have to keep setting up Quarry+'s up every time one finishes, its just tedious having to make 3 more of those Marker+'s and setting them up.

I want one that will run constantly without breaking and mines humongous amounts of resources at a time. I don't care how many resources it takes.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Shitton of MFR Lazer Drills. Each one uses 20kRF/tick.

that is probably the best solution, it takes a ton of power, so it requires you to build a good power generation, but it can produce ores without having to actually mine and it can produce any kind of ore, so it's setting it up, feed it power and it'll give you constantly ores without any further maintenance.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, there's an end-game Thaumic Tinkerer item known as the Awakened Ichor Pick. It's one of the last items unlockable in all of Thaumcraft/Thaumic Tinkerer, and it can "break"
bedrock, creating a Bedrock Portal, which leads to the Bedrock Dimension. It's bedrock sky to y:0, and has giant ore veins that go to the high limit of all types. in this dimension, the ichor pick
can break the bedrock, but I think a Digital Miner may be able to work in it.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, there's an end-game Thaumic Tinkerer item known as the Awakened Ichor Pick. It's one of the last items unlockable in all of Thaumcraft/Thaumic Tinkerer, and it can "break"
bedrock, creating a Bedrock Portal, which leads to the Bedrock Dimension. It's bedrock sky to y:0, and has giant ore veins that go to the high limit of all types. in this dimension, the ichor pick
can break the bedrock, but I think a Digital Miner may be able to work in it.
I'm using the Monster pack, no digital miner. And it wouldn't be able to run constantly.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I've done that already but for some reason it made my game go down to about 5 FPS, got an awesome 60gRF/tick power system from it though.
But how many do you realisticaly need ? It's fun for lolz to build 20 of them. but 2-3 with an up to date ore multiplication setting should be more then you will ever be able to use.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
But how many do you realistically* need ? It's fun for lolz to build 20 of them. But* 2-3 with an up to date ore multiplication setting should be more then you will ever be able to use.
Realistically I needed around 45 of them, so I decided to build 450 of them. Even when I only had around 100 it still made that world unbearable to play in.