Best craftable wand/stave?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Just listen to YX33A. He knows stuff. You might also want to try making a primal charm and holding it. Doing that unlocked the primal wand foci for me if I remember correctly. I believe you have to keep making primal charms until it has a little footnote saying "there's a seventh color!" or something like that.

Reactions: Padfoote

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Just listen to YX33A. He knows stuff. You might also want to try making a primal charm and holding it. Doing that unlocked the primal wand foci for me if I remember correctly. I believe you have to keep making primal charms until it has a little footnote saying "there's a seventh color!" or something like that.

I got the charm made, the foci as wel. I also discovered the research after scanning, but I can't click on it yet to research the stave. It says I haven't discovered something yet. So I'm thinking there is something else out there to complete before that becomes researchable. Just a matter of finding what it is.

I'm currently finishing off the staves in the tree to see if that is it. I got 3 of them done, but I gotta throw some more crafting tables in the deconstruction table for aspects ... Been burning through a lot.

Will keep ya posted later on today. :)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As I recall, the staff requires the cores of each of the lower staves to be completed (bone, obsidian, blaze, etc.).

If I'm right about the progression, it goes something like this:
Iron-capped wooden wand
Gold capped greatwood wand (might be able to substitute silver here, not sure)
Thaumium-bossed silverwood wand ---- NOTE this is the last one that can be used in crafting with regular thaumcraft
Any staves up to and including silver-capped primal staff --- NOTE this is not used in crafting, so isn't nessecary for progression

I've not made it yet, but I think you might be able to jump to the ichorium capped, ichorcloth wrapped silverwood wand now (with no intermediaries), and that's the only one that has the power to give you thaumium-capped staves.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Not making, HOLDING it in your invetnory will eventually unlock all primal-branch research

Reactions: YX33A

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Not making, HOLDING it in your invetnory will eventually unlock all primal-branch research
"...and holding it." ;)

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I could of sworn it said keep making primal charms...
XD
"...you have to keep making primal charms..." ;)

A_Moeder69

Jul 29, 2019
To make a staff just make a sceptre at first place you will need a primal charm and three charged thaumium caps and a silverwood rod this thing can hold 150 vis of each aspect so now you can make your staff cause you have enough vis from the crafting sceptre

FlamingChipmunk

Jul 29, 2019
Just because I know you're out there and you clicked. Thinking it would be something you could use. But, this thread started a year ago, you'll say. And then you'll check down. And I will tell you the best wand/cap combo for people with Thaumic Tinkering is the Ichorium Adorned Ichorcloth Strapped Silverwood Scepter or wand for crafting. It holds 1500 if each vis. I get a 49% vis cost. And that's with basic Thaumaturge robes set up. The Ichorcloth robes set up should lower that another 10% vis. You have to dabble in Forbidden Magic and "Open the Eye" quest (to the middle left in the icon screen) in the Eldritch tab, completing that quest, to receive the icons for research in your Thaumic Tinkering tab. Ichor will show up to the bottom left. Good Luck!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Just because I know you're out there and you clicked. Thinking it would be something you could use. But, this thread started a year ago, you'll say. And then you'll check down. And I will tell you the best wand/cap combo for people with Thaumic Tinkering is the Ichorium Adorned Ichorcloth Strapped Silverwood Scepter or wand for crafting. It holds 1500 if each vis. I get a 49% vis cost. And that's with basic Thaumaturge robes set up. The Ichorcloth robes set up should lower that another 10% vis. You have to dabble in Forbidden Magic and "Open the Eye" quest (to the middle left in the icon screen) in the Eldritch tab, completing that quest, to receive the icons for research in your Thaumic Tinkering tab. Ichor will show up to the bottom left. Good Luck!
Tfw you remember this thread and you mo longer play minecraft.