Best Chunk loader for a Frubes Quarry?

JerryMac

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone have tested the chunk loaders we have in the mod pack
to supply a Redpower2 Frubes tunneler

my server might be having some sort of error. but for some reason the RailCraft World Anchor is not loading the chunks while im not on top of the quarry.
my admin said not to use chicken chunks cus it would crash while being moved on the Frames?
i havent tested this, but was wondering what you guys use?

any other options? :)

andyyym

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that the chicken chunks loader only loads the chunks around the position it's originally placed, and won't change when the physical block is moved.

I've just used railcraft loaders in the past, and had no real problem, but another option could be to give a CL turtle a go?

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
The 'only loads chunks around where it's first placed' was a railcraft bug. It's why chunk loaders sat out an update cycle.

But they work now, and have for a while. Just look at DW20's videos, they use chickenchunk loaders for all their frame miners.

JerryMac

Jul 29, 2019
oh thats great to know, i shall try to get Chicken chunks back on our server. thanks for the tip.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
you could try the anchor cart, or a turtle with a script that moves with a redstone signal, so it moves forward with it.

Nommy9

Jul 29, 2019
I used 2 railcraft anchors in a recent SP game ok, one on each part bore which moves, so there is always 1 that is not moving. IDK if this is why yours is not working, but maybe. The chicken chunks one worked too, but I had to visit the bore after loading a game (or sever restart) to kick start it.