Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thanks @Someone Else 37 - definitely explained it better than me! :) Something else for self sacrifice (can't believe I forgot about this) you might consider is vanilla health potions (if you've been to the Nether) splash would be better for the purposes of speed, but only heals 4 hearts instead of 6 (assuming Healing II), so its worth weighing up the options on that.
Vanilla health potions work to accelerate self-sacrifice, as do potions brewed with BM's own alchemy system and healing things from other mods. Botania's tainted blood pendants are nice.

Heck, even vanilla beacons can give you low-level passive regen with no upkeep cost if you're willing to commit a nether star and a bajillion metal blocks to set one up.

B

Bushybeard

is there a guide api that works with 1.10.2? that seems like it would be exactly what I need but the server im on runs on 1.10.2

B

Bushybeard

so back to my first question , ive reached a point where i need to upgrade my tartaric gem, and i need to get a demon will crystal, which it says comes from demons, but I can not make the plinth to summon the demons, it has the beta cube texture and shows no recipe, is this feature just not in atm? have i progressed as far as i can until more work is done? or is there another way to get a demon will crystal? the demon summoning was the main thing i was looking forward to, I really hope its in game currently.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
so back to my first question , ive reached a point where i need to upgrade my tartaric gem, and i need to get a demon will crystal, which it says comes from demons, but I can not make the plinth to summon the demons, it has the beta cube texture and shows no recipe, is this feature just not in atm? have i progressed as far as i can until more work is done? or is there another way to get a demon will crystal? the demon summoning was the main thing i was looking forward to, I really hope its in game currently.
You can get demon will crystals by placing some block (I forget what it was called) in a chunk with a certain amount of demon will in it, which you can get by placing your tartaric gem in another block. The process of crystallizing gaseous demon will into a crystal takes quite a while, but there is a ritual to speed it up.

Once you get one demon will crystal to grow, more crystals will grow in the same block as the first one. If you've got a tartaric gem with sufficient will in your inventory (you need about 1000 will on you, if I remember correctly), you can click on the crystal to remove a single shard. Or you can set up another ritual to automate just that.

You can also put demon will crystals into the same block that you put your tartaric gem into to vaporize them and release their will back into the chunk. This will release more will than was needed to form the crystal in the first place, so you'll get a net gain this way.

When a will crystal first forms (which requires much more will than growing more shards in the same block does), it has a chance of turning into a different type of will crystal. These crystals will only grow new shards if their own type of will is present in the chunk, and the only way to get the other types of will is by vaporizing crystals of that type. You'll need to pickaxe the first refined crystal of each type that you get, but when you get a second crystal of each type, you can vaporize the first one to get the cycle of net gain going.

Direwolf20 made a few videos detailing (and automating) this whole process a few weeks ago. It starts here: