bees and sorting system.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
As you know running a quarry. they collect bees. My problem is they stop up my sorting system. Instead of
sending them to my junk box. Like it does everything else. They just sit in sorter till I take my
screwdriver and turn them so it can spit them out.

Is there a way to fix this.

Reactions: zaekeon

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
For reference, I'd probably point you towards the indexer/void pipe, depending on whether or not you are planning on bee breeding. If you are, use the indexer, as princesses are rather valuable, and the rocky bees have many useful traits to isolate.

KoreRekon

Jul 29, 2019
For reference, I'd probably point you towards the indexer/void pipe, depending on whether or not you are planning on bee breeding. If you are, use the indexer, as princesses are rather valuable, and the rocky bees have many useful traits to isolate.
Be careful with the indexer. I had one setup as the first destination of my overflow area, and it was putting all the overflow into it, not just bees. The non-bee items it put into it weren't in the indexer, they were just gone.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful with the indexer. I had one setup as the first destination of my overflow area, and it was putting all the overflow into it, not just bees. The non-bee items it put into it weren't in the indexer, they were just gone.
Ah, wasn't aware that it accepted other inputs (was this by tube or pipe?).

KoreRekon

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, wasn't aware that it accepted other inputs (was this by tube or pipe?).
Tubes. When I finally realized I was losing a few items, I put some junk in the sorting system that I didn't have spots for and watched it go to the overflow area and into the indexer. I checked the indexer and there were only bees in there. I haven't tried breaking the indexer to see if the items are hidden in there yet.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to do that just have an apiariest pipe filtering bees one way and items the other, and if you're using pneumatic tubes, buffers are your friend for transfering between buildcraft and redpower.