Bee replication

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
So, if is, correct, a queen bee will produce one princeess and multiple drones. So in theory, if I have a distiller queen, is there no other way to make another distiller queen for, the origami queen. Which means I wouldmhav etho rebred it again ( I needed to rebred it at least 7 more times). Is there a way to get around this?

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
save all your drones and drop a stack of pure (what ever the end result is needed) and a random queen after the stack is about 50% done you should have a new pure queen based off the drones

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have a purebred (both sets of traits the same) queen that you like, keep all of the drones and place them in with a random princess. Keep re-breeding that princess with the drones from the other queen until you eventually end up with a new queen that is a clone of the other queen. This takes 4-8 generations on average, I think.

Since they grab half the traits from the princess and half from the drone. If you keep supplying the exact same drone, you'll eventually end up forcing all it's traits onto the offspring. This makes it easy to clone purebred queens.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to breed your bees quickly, drop 3 chocolate frames into an apiary.

nethervvoid

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have a purebred (both sets of traits the same) queen that you like, keep all of the drones and place them in with a random princess. Keep re-breeding that princess with the drones from the other queen until you eventually end up with a new queen that is a clone of the other queen. This takes 4-8 generations on average, I think.

Since they grab half the traits from the princess and half from the drone. If you keep supplying the exact same drone, you'll eventually end up forcing all it's traits onto the offspring. This makes it easy to clone purebred queens.

Hmm seems like it would be fun to make some automated aviaries which you can just plop a natural princess in and have it pump out the pure princess at the end... You could just set up 1 or 2 aviaries like this for each species you want. Set it and forget it.

Jammyjezza

Jul 29, 2019
I just build up a lot of pure/hybrid drones with the correct gene on them, then whack em through the isolator. Get the correct species serum, and inoculate a rocky princess, netting me the correct princess with awesome temp. and humidity tolerances (I live in a red-rock biome so I need this trait sadly). Inoculate a drone, usually modest or rocky, and you're sorted.