bee question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kk258966

Jul 29, 2019
i've watching Generikb's channel
and one his last ftb video i saw a xp farm from bee?
does anyone can explain how it worked?

and how to use rocky bee to get other species which doen't need flower?
not ggod at english~so might not explain my question very well~
in that video Generikb said he used rocky bees to get all his bees?

Reactions: Chocorate

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, bee will not stop releasing its effect if you put it in a breed-able environment but without suitable flower nearby, the life bar will stop but the effect is still active. It's the edenic bee explorer effect that gives out xp when you stand near it. (not to be confused with ender bee that will kill you slowly)

If you have a bee species serum (i.e ruby serum), you can inject your rocky bee wth that serum and it will change to ruby bee with all of rocky bee good traits (like nocturnal, humid+temp both_2, flyer, cave, rock pollination), and then you only need to inject fast worker, normal fertility and longest life to make it a power "ruby" bee.

Jake0oo0

Jul 29, 2019
i've watching Generikb's channel
and one his last ftb video i saw a xp farm from bee?
does anyone can explain how it worked?

and how to use rocky bee to get other species which doen't need flower?
not ggod at english~so might not explain my question very well~
in that video Generikb said he used rocky bees to get all his bees?

The XP farm has something to do with Ender bees. I think he's just bred them a lot, and possibly used some sort of serum...not really sure.

AnDroid

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bug that bees give xp when they're actually not working (when they don't have flowers near by). It will be fixed in the next version.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
It's dead easy to just recycles bees back into the same apiary. We use that for our XP farm (which is ridiculously fast).

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
There are a couple of things that are being used here to make that farm.

1. Edenic bees have an Explorer Effect that gives XP when you are in their teritory which is 9x9 by default
2. Bee effects stack when in a territory so he made a 9x9 of apiaries filled with Edenic bees
3. When a bee has no suitable flowers in their area they stop working and don't loose life. There is a bug in Forestry that still allowed their effects to work. You can do this with any effect like Explorer, Heroic, Beaiffic, or Aggressive.

Now keep this in mind SirSengir fixed the no flowers still get bee effects bug in his newest build for Forestry which will support 1.5. No idea if any other changes were made to the bee or the effects stacking. We will have to see when that version lands.

I want to build something similar for a mob trap with Heroic bees.