Bee Breeding Genetics (HELP)

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
i get the basic gist of bee breeding but i was wondering how you breed specific genetics into bees such as adding cave dwelling to a cultivated bee. i cant find any tutorials on this so any help would be appreciated

drazath

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Bees said:
Splicer: Write a species genome onto ANY bees, effectively giving you the power to change a bee's species and traits at will.

Maybe that machine from Extra Bees?

I wish someone just made a straightforward, no-fuss tutorial on how to get those nuclear bees that generate uranium. Bees make me so confused. :eek:

knight2109

Jul 29, 2019
Breeding specific genes is dificult, the way I usually approch it is:

1. Have a stock of drones for 2 breeds with the traits you want to combine.
2. take one of the breeds and throw the drones into a random princess til it absorbs all the genes of the drones.
3. Acquire more drones for the breed you used to make the princess.
4. Breed the 2 types togther once.
5. Don't bother analyzing this round, you should be using 2 kinds that will mutate into anything. just put the princess and a drone into the section to breed again and take the rest out
6. After they are done breeding check the princess and drones and just try to get the combos you think will get what you want the most.
7. Repeat untill you succeed or fail miserably.
8. If you failed miserable take the drones you have extra of and throw them into the princess to start over and repeat.

It will be rare that you actually fail especially if you are only moving one gene. But since the last time I got the radioactive bees the breeding has changed, but I can tell you austre + rocky = unstable which is the first bee in the line to get it, use your apiarist database it will give you hints about further mutations!