Bee Automation

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Problem piping bees from the Indexer into the Analyzer [Forestry machine]. Gate on side of Analyzer will not correctly detect input inventory spaces of Analyzer. Input bees are going into input slots, I just need a way to get a signal to the gate on the Indexer to tell it to stop extracting bees. I've tried every gate setting that makes sense and none work. I think it may be because bees can be input AND output from the sides. Any suggestions on how to fix this using BC pipes? If not, I'll have to switch back over to using AE to input into the Analyzer.

AE works for this [used it in my last build before world corrupted], but it seems silly given that BC and Forestry have same mod author.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Analyzer golden pipe wooden pipe storage . On the gold pipe out a red pipe wire and an iron and gate. Set this one to inventory empty => red pipe signal and pipe empty => red pipe signal. On the wooden pipe, put a red pipe wire and an iron and autarctic gate set to pipe empty => energy pulser and red pipe signal => energy pulser

This will be a tad slow but it will work on the versions I've tried. What modpack and version are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
here is my setup. much like Zjarek_S' design.
[Might want to fix up your post before the necroposting vigilante turns up]
image.jpg

You rang?
Also, a bit late.

Reactions: Padfoote

Devolutionized

Jul 29, 2019
Does it matter if it's a necro? I mean.. Bee setups is still a "current" topic isn't it.. or has bees gone out of fashion =)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Does it matter if it's a necro? I mean.. Bee setups is still a "current" topic isn't it.. or has bees gone out of fashion =)
No it doesn't matter, just slowking seems to have taken a liking to that picture and uses it whenever he can

Necro's don't matter if they're actually useful, but if they don't contribute anything it feels a bit unnecessary but once again, not really a big deal

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

The_Damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as the talk of necro seems to imply 'if it is useful post it' and this is one of the top hits for googling 'bee breeding computercraft' I figured I would pop this in here.

http://pastebin.com/eUe6qc3z

Fully automated Alveary bee-breeding system. Recovers after server crash/restart. Recovers even if the chunk unloads. Will always have the best list of bees to breed with, since it builds it using the function call within the bee-breeding blocks (alveary, apiary, bee house).

Reasonably fast, easy to work. Doesn't shift drones and things around in chests. Allows for a LOT of frames to be used in the alveary too (only actually covers two blocks. Also, will emit a redstone signal down while working and turn it off when done.

You will need some extra things (they are in the notes).

Oh, and to get it going, just type the name of the program (whatever you saved it as) and then the name, capitalized, of the bee you want to breed to.

Happy breeding.

Last edited: