Beautification of FTB

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
I'm going to post here about what I discovered...

I just added one block, and changed another.

Redpower two, with the thermopile has a concept of temperature difference. If you max this out on a stone brick block, it cracks, eventually. It also has a recipe to convert stone brick into Chiseled Stone Brick. Just put 4 into a crafting grid, like making the brick.

With so many blocks that you can use, the amount of excuses for things being ugly, is lower and lower.

What else are you going to do while you wait for the machines to do the work?
does the bug of when you placed stairs in differnt ways and you broke them you get another kind of brick still work?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Oh yha?

Beta 1.8.1 .. yha, it's gone.

Still, interesting example of facing direction leaking into block data.
too bad :(, never read it in patchnotes so :p

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Bet it was refered to catagorically as "other placement bugs fixed" or something like that
silly mojang and not letting it know.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
When I made the list of possible blocks, I was not expecting it to be this long.

The metals that don't come in 'block' form are an interesting oversight, though possibly intentional. As I get my emc generation up and running, pulling out a stack of iron blocks becomes more and more fun.

Part of me wants to make a roof for my home out of dark matter blocks, in a step pattern.
yeah eventually it isnt any fun kinda, you got so much emc. you just need to make some simple things or do bees.