Beacon ~ Easily download mods for your favorite servers!

Geforce

Jul 29, 2019
What is Beacon?
Beacon looks at your saved servers list, and if there are any outdated or missing mods in your Minecraft installation, it will show them in a list. You can then download them straight from the in-game GUI. A quick restart, and you're ready to play!

What mods can I download using Beacon?
The list of downloadable mods can be found here. We are always adding more mods to it!

Screenshots:
In the Multiplayer menu while having a missing mod to one of the servers:
RhKhDwz.jpg

The Beacon menu. "securitycraft v1.6.1" is a missing mod that I have. I can download it just by clicking the "Download mod" button in the bottom-left corner:
DFbs4Lf.jpg

Permissions from mod authors:
Note: These are the people that I asked if I could add their mod(s) to Beacon. People that have submitted their mods through GitHub or the Google Docs form are not in this list.

FiskFille (Quote: Yeah, I'd love if you did! Beacon sounds like such a cool project! :D)
Darkhax (Quote: Sure, but you will have to mess around with versions and stuff)
BugzooMods (Quote: Sure
635356669596273706.png
)
bl4ckscor3 (Quote: You got my permission.)

Download Beacon:
Note: Beacon dynamically downloads the latest mod list from GitHub. Updates will not contain new mod lists, they will be updates to newer versions of Minecraft and/or updates to Beacon itself.

v1.0.5:
1.7.10: Click me!
1.8: Click me!

Source code:
The source code for Beacon can be found here.

How to add your mod to Beacon:
I'll be sure to add them!

Thanks for reading!
~Geforce

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Took long enough for somebody to make this! Kudos and have my like you clever mod dev!

Geforce

Jul 29, 2019
Took long enough for somebody to make this! Kudos and have my like you clever mod dev!
Thanks! :)
do I have to make a new submission every time I update my mod?
As of version v1.0.6, yes, but in an upcoming version, you won't have to if you use CurseForge to host your mod. But if you are using a file hosting site like Dropbox or Mediafire, then you still will have to re-submit your mod every time you update it, as their really isn't any other way to get the download link of it...