BC Quarry: Pipes half working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
Im quarrying in the Twilight and maybe it is just a bug here but I doubt it.. My pipes are like half working and stuff is flying out everywhere when i try to run the quarry.. I tried using BC pipes and TE pipes.. Neither or which worked. Here is a screenshot compilation: http://imgur.com/2hg4uP9,lQCNnbZ,4cVs1Ps,Tj74oz4#0 Above the picture are buttons used to go between them. I don't know what is causing this problem, I have never had it in the past.

Thanks to anyone who replies! ~Punchofdeath

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Try slapping a chest on top, and see how that goes. I've never known the Twilight Forest to be very kind to Quarries. I lost more than one way back in 1.4.7, and I've never had good luck doing much automated in the TF.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Im quarrying in the Twilight and maybe it is just a bug here but I doubt it.. My pipes are like half working and stuff is flying out everywhere when i try to run the quarry.. I tried using BC pipes and TE pipes.. Neither or which worked. Here is a screenshot compilation: http://imgur.com/2hg4uP9,lQCNnbZ,4cVs1Ps,Tj74oz4#0 Above the picture are buttons used to go between them. I don't know what is causing this problem, I have never had it in the past.

Thanks to anyone who replies! ~Punchofdeath
It is a problem between the rate at which the Quarry exports items and the Pipe/ducts can accept them. You can fix it by adding a buffer(A simple Chest will do) on top of the Quarry and then have the pipes/ducts export from that.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Transfer nodes have their own internal storage slot, which helps in these situations. Or just use a buffer like the others suggested.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Transfer nodes have their own internal storage slot, which helps in these situations. Or just use a buffer like the others suggested.
I don't think one slot would help enough as it first mines cobble, and while it tries to find a place for cobble it mines a ore and spits it out as it has no place for it.
A chest as buffer might help though

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a specific mod pack or a set of mods? I am not for sure what version of minecraft this is for. It fdoes look like a fairly recent version though.

Buildcraft example:
Is that a obsidian pipe on the Quarry? Might get better results with a gold one. On the diamond pipe make it one way by blocking off any direction you don't want things to go in. I usually do this by having it filter wrenches in that direction.

Thermal Example:
It might work better with something to help the pipe to process the items like a high tier filter or extractor. Whatever those things are that go on the end of thermal pipes now.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
you indeed need to replace the obsidian pipe with another one, if I remember correctly gold, stone or cobble would do.